Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's Brewing?

I'm so excited because I was able to have a friend of mine pick up the LOVE YOU A LATTE Cricut Lite cart at her Walmart and mail it to me since our Walmarts around here don't have any Cricut goodies. In fact the scrapbooking papers they have that I used on this card are marked down to $2.50 for a 12"x12" pad. Huh? What is going on Walmart. I mean, I like a good deal and all, but you guys need to re-stock the scrapbooking goodness. Just sayin'.

Project # 287 of this year

  • A2 size card using white cardstock cardbase
  • All background papers from paper packs from Walmart
  • Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder 
  • ELEGANT EDGES "butterfly2" Oblong p. 51 cut @ 3 1/2" with shadow
  • LOVE YOU A LATTE "cup 1" cut @ 2"
  • Jute added for embellishment (this stuff is more than a year old!)
  • The metal and bead hanging from the button is actually leftover goodness from my daughter. She used to make tons of earings when she was in highschool (that was more than 4 years ago). This stuff has been sitting in a box not being used, so she passed it on to me and said maybe i can use some of it on my cards. Ummmm.... Yes!
  • Cardz TV Stamps "FAQ's" set used for sentiment

  • The sentiment is stamped on the back of a ticket (I bought a huge ticket roll from Walmart and use them for so many sentiments! Perfect size!)
  • Everything is inked around the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink

Cardz TV Stamps "FAQ's" set 
I craft in our daughter, Bonnie's, bedroom. We are in a small apartment, and there just isn't anywhere else for me to set up my Cricut and papers. So she shares her room with me when I craft. Lately she has been wanting to help me. She held the jute cardboard thingie and untwisted it while I was wrapping it around the bottom of my card. Then she held down the card pieces while I was deciding how to lay this out. She's so cute. I probably should mention for those of you who are new here, that Bonnie has special needs. She's completely precious. Just wanted to share.



This is my entry into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me #89 Anything Goes
Divas By Design #40 to die for (die cuts)
Simon Says Stamp & Show - a bit of brown
The Crafty Pad #175 Food (does a beverage count as food?)
Allsorts #159 paper piecing or piercing (piecing together these die cuts)

Thanks for stopping by today! Smiles :) Janis

19 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I have the "latte" cartridge but haven't used it yet. . . .you have inspired me to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the coffee is ready...I am coming over! Cute card! I like the challenges you entered it into as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hey, this is a test. Are you getting a notification that I replied to this comment? I'm trying to figure out this REPLY option. Let me know.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE it Janis!! Thanks for the inspiration my friend!!
    Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. You did a fantastic job on it. So glad that Bonnie could help you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and the colors that u used!!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute card Janis, and another cartridge to add to my wish list. I am trying to not spend any money right now, am saving my pennies for CHA next month. Love the colors and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really lke your Latte card! And you are so right about Walmart. I'm in the Texas
    area (outside Dallas) and all our Walmarts have little or no scrapbooking dept. And
    I never get far enough from home to find a "real" scrapbook" store 'cause their all
    a long way off from me. Keep up the good work you do. I really enjoy you and look
    forward to more videos!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Pat! I'm sorry your Walmart is doing the same as mine. It's a pain, isn't it? I'll try my best to get some more videos soon. :)

      Delete
  8. This is adorable....both the card and the "Bonnie" story. Canadian Walmarts don't have much either. Hugs girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card Janis.

    Thanks so much for joining our paper piecing theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your fab card with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Food challenge! I love the colours you've used & the layout is lovely!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fab, I just love your colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the embossed background and the addition of the button and bead. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable Janis :)
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great card!!! I love the colors. The part about Bonnie made me smile. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janis, what a wonderful card - love the muted colours and the embossing is just fab.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous card, I love the detail on the cup. A perfect card for our FOOD challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD this week, thanks for playing.
    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete