Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps Blog Hop & June Release... You are here
The Scrapbooking Queen's Featured Designer.... Click Here
Welcome to Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Company's
June Blog Hop!
This month's New Stamp Set Releases are:
Welcome Poppies Featured June 19
I'm In Stitches Featured June 20
Island Life Featured June 21
Silly Shells Featured June 22
Please hop along with us! You have a chance to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one), each day for more chanes to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All four winners will be annonced on June 23, 2012 on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) The deadline for commenting is 11PM EST on Friday, June 22, 2012.
Here's a look at June's Stamp Release Sets:
Today we are featuring the ISLAND LIFE stamp set.
Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps
Click here to shop
Here are a few projects I made using this stamp set:
|Project #286 of this year|
MFPS June #20
Let me tell you a little bit about this card / post-it note holder. They are NOT hard to make. I promise!
- 1 strip of cardstock cut @ 4 1/4" x 11" (card base)
- Score @ 5 1/2" (as if folding it in half for a card)
- Score again @ 2 3/4" (this is the extra fold you'll attach your top piece to to make it "stand up")
- 1 piece of cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (this is your top, decorated piece and "outside" of card)
- Decorate the top piece as you normally would but then only attach it at the bottom to the card base fold
- Decorate the bottom half of the "inside" and attach the decorations with foam tape so that when the card is opened, it will lean against the raised portion and stay open. If you add a Post-it note pad here, you will not need additional foam tape.
For this particular Post-It note holder, here are the details:
- For TOP piece:
- Black cardstock cut @ 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
- Solid blue cardstock cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
- Gingham blue cardstock cut @ 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Sentiment stamp "Cool Breezes" from Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps set "Island Life" stamped near the bottom FIRST so that I know everything else I add will not accidentally cover up the sentiment (yes, we learn from our mistakes LOL)
- Strip on side of TOP piece:
- Black cardstock cut @ 2 3/8" x 5 1/8"
- Solid blue cardstock cut @ 2 1/4" x 5"
- pattern cardstock cut @ 2 1/2" x 4 7/8" (this piece ran through Cuttlebug with folder D'vine Swirl)
- Grass at bottom cut @ 1 1/2" using Cricut cart CREATE A CRITTER p. 45
- Windmill cut @ 4 1/2" using Cricut cart COUNTRY LIFE p. 63
- Clouds cut @ 1" and 1/2" using Cricut cart CREATE A CRITTER p. 52 and inked around the edges with blue chalk ink
- Sun cut @ 1 1/2" using Cricut cart DoodleCharms p. 96 and run through Cuttlebug with folder Spots
- Ribbon, button, and jute added for embelishments
- Bottom piece holder post-it note:
- Black cardstock cut @ 4 1/8" x 3 3/8"
- Blue gingham cardstock cut @ 4" x 3 1/4"
- Post-it Note pad added with ATG
This project will close as if it's a card and will fit into a regular A2 size envelope. However, it will be THICK, so extra postage should be expected if mailing.
|Project #267 of this year|
MFPS June #14
|Project #268 of this year|
MFPS June #15
All cards shown are chalked and used the ISLAND LIFE stamp set. Click here to shop.
|Project #269 of this year|
MFPS June #16
|Project #270 of this year|
MFPS June #17
Here is a list of everyone in the hop:
Project #267 above is entered into the following challenges:
Alphabet Ch - J is for Journey
My Mum's Craft Shop #61 About the Boys
Crafty Ribbons #22 Clean and Simple Cards
4 Crafty Chicks #95 By the Sea
Victorine Originals #36 Anything Goes