Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Clean & Simple

What's Up?! Is it nap time yet? I'm thinking it's about nap time. I'm sleepy. Did I tell you we were having Bourbon Salmon from the health food store for supper last night? Yeah, well, that didn't happen. I had a brown paper wrapped package in the frig. When I pulled out the "salmon" last night to cook it, I discovered upon unwrapping it that it was sausage, not salmon. The Salmon was hanging out in the freezer instead. Arghhh.  So.... tonight, it's Bourbon Salmon. I hope. And I know you will all sleep better tonight after hearing that rambling. LOL

Today I am going to show you a card I made for several challenges going on out there in blogland right now. This is my attempt at a CLEAN AND SIMPLE card also known as a CAS card.

Project # 252 of this year

  • A2 size card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Cuttlebug used to emboss waves at bottom of card. I lightly inked the raised waves with blue chalk ink by Colorbox.
  • CREATE A CRITTER Seahorse p. 42 cut @ 3 1/2"
  • ART PHILOSOPHY Tag p. 50 cut @ 2 1/2"
  • Baker's Twine added to tag
  • Gems added to waves at bottom
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Farmyard Funnies" used for stamped sentiment
This is my entry for the following challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays Ch# 55 CAS with Bling (must be clean and simple)
Twisted Tuesday - a touch of purple with baker's twine (purple tag, baker's twine on tag)
My Mum's Craft Shop choose BINGO options (I chose animal image, die cuts, gems)
Papercraft Star #100 Here Comes Summer (Ocean / Beach)
Ruby's Rainbow TAG: Just a tag or a tag on your project (sentiment on tag)

UPDATE:  I made TOP 3 with this card @ Twisted Tuesday Challenges! 
Woo-Hoo!
http://twistedtuesdaychallenges.blogspot.ca/2012/06/its-clear-you-love-to-create.html
Supplies Used: (click links to go shopping!)
Thanks for stopping by! :) Janis

15 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card Janis! I love the CAS style :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your CAS-card is so adorable and sweet!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my. goodness. That is just the cutest seahorse EVER! I have that cartridge, but have never used that cut. Thanks for the inspiration, and thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS card Janis! I have such a hard time going "simple". This is such a cute, cute card -- I need to do more of this :) TFS

    Lucy
    http://www.love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so cute Janis! I am glad to hear you are finally getting your Bourbon Salmon. It sounds yummy! What a disappointment to open the package last night and find Sausages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card!
    Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our *Tags* Challenge
    hope you will join us again soon
    Hugs Shaz DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute ... love the sea horse ... many thanks for playing along at Papercraft Star this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, Janis, such a cute seahorse! So happy you joined us this week for the "Summer" challenge at the Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! You did beautifully with the CAS design, and I love the touch of pink twine to match the seahorse. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card! I love the placement of the elements! And those three little blue gems just light up the design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card love the CAS look thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card.Love the clean and simple look.Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow 'Tag Challenge.'Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just darling! I love that you have your sentiment on a tag. Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too stinkin cute! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete