Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bon Voyage!


Cricut Cardz Ch# 110.... Click here
Crafting for all Seasons... Click here
Pause Dream Enjoy Ch# 23... Click here
Pause Dream Enjoy Design Team Call... Click Here 
Paper Playtime Ch# 76... Click here


Good morning! Do you guys still have books you had when you were little? I have only a few. I am an avid reader and have been since I was little. I sort of have always collected books. There's just something magical about books, I think. Always have found great comfort in reading. When I was little, I used to sit in the living room rocking chair rocking away and reading books out loud. Drove my family crazy to the point they would tell me to Be Quiet or Read To Yourself! Sadly, we have moved around so much as an adult, I have slowly over the years reduced my collection of books.

I still remember the titles of several books I used to love reading over and over. Books like:

Blueberries for Sal by Robery McCloskey

Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion

Lyle, Lyle Crocodile by Bernard Waber

My Big Little Golden Book About God by Jane Werrner Watson

Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
I can almost retell you each of these stories just remembering them from my childhood. Did you guys ever read any of these books? Of course there are many other books I used to read all the time too. Sigh... the memories....

So.... my card today is in remembrance of reading Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile when I was little. Not because Lyle sailed on a ship, but because my Crocs Rule cartridge just reminds me of this book.

Project #281 of this year

  •  A2 size card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • CROCS RULE for croc on ship cut @ 3 1/2"
  • Background pink stripe paper from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found paper pack (Hobby Lobby)
  • ELEGANT EDGES used for background shape p. 51 cut @ 3 1/2"
  • Anchor Charm by Charm Me was on sale at Hobby Lobby for 25 cents - adhered here with a metal, silver tiny brad from Joann's
  • Twine by Doodle Twine (Doodlebug Design, Inc) from Hobby Lobby - I just love these bold, bright colors!
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Ticket Talk 2" for sentiment stamped on the back of a ticket (I bought a roll of tickets from Walmart)

CARDZ TV STAMPS "Ticket Talk 2"
Anchor Charm by Charm Me
CARDZ TV STAMPS "Ticket Talk 2" 
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found paper pack (Hobby Lobby) 
Thanks for stopping by today! Here's a list of the CHALLENGES I'm entering this card into. I know they would love it if you would click on the links and come play along too! Have a fun, creative day.
Smiles! :) Janis
Challenges Entered:
Art Impressions Stamps Ch#67 Husband/Father
C.R.A.F.T. - Father's Day
Delightful Challenges - For the Boys
DL.Art - Scrap Cards
DL.Art - Man Card
Do You Stack Up #76 Boys / Men
Paper Play - For a Man with Twine
Crafty Creations #174 How Charming - use a charm (Anchor charm)
Bitten By the Bug 2 - Water
Challenge Up Your Life - Inspired By a Book (Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile)
Clear It Out - Father's Day plus brads or eyelets (brad holding charm in place)

27 comments:

  1. awww, what a great card, created with imagination and memories, those are the best, thanks for joining us at the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card - love the little charm attached to the boat.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card I really like the colors and the added charm. It is very reflective of the books you read as a child and would make a nice cover for a story about the sea.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and a wonderful memory. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! I teach 1st grade and we still read Harry :) The kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card,love the scene you've created.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Crocs rule is SO cute, wish I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janis, this is such a cute card! Love the string used over the waves. Great color palette! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous! Just love it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome take on the challenge..good luck...and thanks for joining us at Clear it out Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and super cute card! I love that ship and the croc. Too cute! I love how you used the twine for your water, looks so awesome. Great take on the BBTB2 water challenge! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome job you did on this adorable card. I love all these books. That is why I loved teaching first grade for 33 years. I love Lyle. thanks for joining us for the BTB2 Water challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janis, what for a great and wundful card you made... I don't know this storie, but I think my kids would like this book too... Thanks so much for playing with CUYL and best luck ;O) hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful. Love the anchor charm. My mom read to us every day. I think my sister became a elementary teacher because of the joy she got from reading. Bev can quote lots of the stories we read as children. I had the room for our childhood books. Bev reads to her kids in school daily. They too become avid readers.
    BTW, how did you like Sue Grafton's work? I have everything through M in paperback. Lost track and found another author to follow after M. Also, was not going to purchase hardbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our wonderful memories keep us in line, and I took remember the childhood books that were so much a part of my life. Your card for the BBTB2 water challenge is great. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great masculine card!! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a 'snappy' card! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges for our "For the Boys" Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. TOO TOO CUTE! Now I've just got to get Crocs Rule! thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card, Janis. I have to tell you, I've read all the books a million times. I love how you used Crocs Rule to depict Lyle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great masculine card.I just loved it.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions-challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just a fabulous project and absolutely great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! What a fun and creative card. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how adorable!! I love your little sailor gator and what wonderful use of the twine. Super-cute card!!! Thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
    Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute card, perfect for our challenge :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the crocodile :D Fantastsic project!
    Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete