Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps Blog Hop & June Release... You are here
The Scrapbooking Queen's Featured Designer.... Click Here
Welcome to Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Company's
June Blog Hop!
This month's New Stamp Set Releases are:
Welcome Poppies Featured June 19
I'm In Stitches Featured June 20
Island Life Featured June 21
Silly Shells Featured June 22
Please hop along with us! You have a chance to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one), each day for more chanes to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All four winners will be annonced on June 23, 2012 on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) The deadline for commenting is 11PM EST on Friday, June 22, 2012.
Here's a look at June's Stamp Release Sets:
Today we are featuring the ISLAND LIFE stamp set.
Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps
Click here to shop
Here are a few projects I made using this stamp set:
|Project #286 of this year|
MFPS June #20
Let me tell you a little bit about this card / post-it note holder. They are NOT hard to make. I promise!
- 1 strip of cardstock cut @ 4 1/4" x 11" (card base)
- Score @ 5 1/2" (as if folding it in half for a card)
- Score again @ 2 3/4" (this is the extra fold you'll attach your top piece to to make it "stand up")
- 1 piece of cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (this is your top, decorated piece and "outside" of card)
- Decorate the top piece as you normally would but then only attach it at the bottom to the card base fold
- Decorate the bottom half of the "inside" and attach the decorations with foam tape so that when the card is opened, it will lean against the raised portion and stay open. If you add a Post-it note pad here, you will not need additional foam tape.
For this particular Post-It note holder, here are the details:
- For TOP piece:
- Black cardstock cut @ 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
- Solid blue cardstock cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
- Gingham blue cardstock cut @ 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Sentiment stamp "Cool Breezes" from Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps set "Island Life" stamped near the bottom FIRST so that I know everything else I add will not accidentally cover up the sentiment (yes, we learn from our mistakes LOL)
- Strip on side of TOP piece:
- Black cardstock cut @ 2 3/8" x 5 1/8"
- Solid blue cardstock cut @ 2 1/4" x 5"
- pattern cardstock cut @ 2 1/2" x 4 7/8" (this piece ran through Cuttlebug with folder D'vine Swirl)
- Grass at bottom cut @ 1 1/2" using Cricut cart CREATE A CRITTER p. 45
- Windmill cut @ 4 1/2" using Cricut cart COUNTRY LIFE p. 63
- Clouds cut @ 1" and 1/2" using Cricut cart CREATE A CRITTER p. 52 and inked around the edges with blue chalk ink
- Sun cut @ 1 1/2" using Cricut cart DoodleCharms p. 96 and run through Cuttlebug with folder Spots
- Ribbon, button, and jute added for embelishments
- Bottom piece holder post-it note:
- Black cardstock cut @ 4 1/8" x 3 3/8"
- Blue gingham cardstock cut @ 4" x 3 1/4"
- Post-it Note pad added with ATG
This project will close as if it's a card and will fit into a regular A2 size envelope. However, it will be THICK, so extra postage should be expected if mailing.
|Project #267 of this year|
MFPS June #14
|Project #268 of this year|
MFPS June #15
All cards shown are chalked and used the ISLAND LIFE stamp set. Click here to shop.
|Project #269 of this year|
MFPS June #16
|Project #270 of this year|
MFPS June #17
Here is a list of everyone in the hop:
Project #267 above is entered into the following challenges:
Alphabet Ch - J is for Journey
My Mum's Craft Shop #61 About the Boys
Crafty Ribbons #22 Clean and Simple Cards
4 Crafty Chicks #95 By the Sea
Victorine Originals #36 Anything Goes
Really cute windmill and totally amazing, beautiful scene cards!
Great country style of the windmill)) Cards are very beautiful!
I can tell you liked this set, Janis. That post-it note holder is very creative!
what a great set of cards..they would make a wonderful gift.
Thank you, Lois!
Thank you! I had so much fun making these with the chalking on some and using my Cricut on the other. :)
Just look at that windmill...super creation. All the cards and skies are beautiful. Great job, Janis!!!
I love all your cards. That windmill card is really curt!
I hope you don't mind me snagging this idea for the post it note...thanks for sharing...
I love all the cards and your post-it note project-thanks for the how -to as well-great windmill by the way
Wow, you really got into this set and I can see why...the results are awesome!
In a word...AMAZING!!! Great colors and the scene is fantastic!
Janis, your project and cards are wonderful! You do us proud!
Great cards as usual Janis! Love the CAS one - TFS :)
Great post it note holder and thanks for directions! Love all the cards as well!
Like the creations. Thanks for sharing the steps.
Way too cool!!!! Love that windmill!!
they are all very pretty cards that you did and very nice color
thank for showing
Wow, you were busy with this set. Great job showcasing this set. I love your post it holder! I hope you are having a blessed day and that your headache goes away!
Love those cards, you do wonderful work.....Lis
Some lovely card and like the post it note holder - need my thinking head on to make one of those!
Great cards Janis. You were quit the busy one this week. It is so nice to see your excitement. Keep up the good work.
Wow, I love all of your cards - all very pretty. You've been busy!!
Wow Janis--have you been busy with these wonderful cards!!!! They are all fabulous. And your sewing cards from yesterday are very cute. Sorry that I didn't get to comment yesterday, but my BFF's dog is very sick and she was really upset last night. TFS
Gorgeous cards and projects - love that post it holder - very cool project and the card is perfect with the CAS style.
Cards are gorgeous. Love the post it note holder idea.
Great cards and fun post it note holder.
Super cute projects; love the post-it note holder-very colorful, will have to try that. Thanks for sharing
oh another great day of projects for Mark's Janis! I love the light houses and your chalking looks fab!
Love them all. Coloring is great but project 269 really got my attention on the coloring. Thank you so much
Great post-it note holder! Thanks for sharing the instructions.
Great journey card!
Hope the wind is in your sails!!!
Thank you for joining us at acb!!!
Beautiful creations, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenges for our *J for Journey * challenge.
Hope you will join us again.
Hugs Shaz x
Brilliant tutorial and card!
Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week! x
Fabulous card! Thanks for joining our "By The Sea" challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)
All of your cards are super fabulous! It is awesome to see these stamps in action since I literally just saw them on Saturday. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Thanks for playing our By the Sea challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!
I see your simple and clean card on crafty ribbon challenge and I want to hop to your blog and your card is really funtastic, simple but adorable..
I am also joining the challenge on Crafty Ribbon, my card is number 85, would you mind to see it on my blog? Many thanks before :), hugs, Monika
Post a Comment