Monday, June 8, 2009

May Your Day Be Filled With Smiles!

Smile!


This morning I made a card for my sister, Melody. She has been through a hard time, but has come out of it ready for the future. I'm very proud of her. I love her so much.


She has lived out of state for so many years. Now she's back in South Carolina and only 45 minutes away!! Yeah!!


Here's how I made the card:

I used Cricut cartridge Plantin Schoolbook for the circles. When cutting the sisters image, I used the circle on "center point". That worked out rather well.

The "Sisters" image is from DJ Inkers "Grins & Giggles". The saying is from DJ Inkers "Dazzle Daze". I absolutely LOVE DJ Inkers!!

Click here to go their website.

I'm so addicted to their art!! I have been for 12 years now!


I printed the image and the saying on regular typing paper. I used Stampin' Up! chalks to color both the image and the saying. The Sisters and saying were colored using a Q-tip with dry chalk. The sky and grass were colored with a wet Q-tip. This made the thin typing paper tear up a little giving the sky and grass and nice textured look. I also used the wet chalk to outline the white card which is DCWV textured cards.


Pop dots were used to adhere the Sisters circles onto the background. The paper is from My Mind's Eye, Everyday Tango designer paper pack.


Have a fun day... and don't forget to SMILE!!

4 comments:

  1. Janis, I adore this card! Your chalking technique gave it a very soft look which is just perfect for this card. TFS! I'm going to give it a try. So glad your sister is living near to you again so you can see each other often. Sister's make the very best friends! Have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janis, this is such a darling card... Your sister will love it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card. I haven't used the chalk... I'm going to have to give it a try. Headed to check out DK Inkers..Thanks!
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the nice comments! I used to use chalk all the time. Looks like I'll be doing some more chalking this week too. I forgot how easy and fun it was to use!

    ReplyDelete