Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summertime Thunderstorms


-->
Good morning, friends!!

-->Am I the only one in the world who enjoys an afternoon summer thunderstorm? They usually don't last long. I love sitting out on our front porch watching a lightning storm, hearing the thunder, listening to the rain as it changes rhythm and intensity. And then as if it never happened, the sun comes streaming out again just as intense as before.
This morning I did a little more playing around with my DJ Inkers images and chalks. Finally I was able to go to the craft store yesterday and get some glitter glue in Opal. I used it on the little raindrops bouncing of Emily's umbrella. I love glitter glue!
I printed my image on white card stock. This is a larger card. It's a regular sized piece of 8.5” x 11” paper just scored and folded in half.
The image was created using 3 different DJ Inkers images from 3 different collections. That's one of the neat things about DJ Inkers art, you can mix and match and layer images. I love it!

Have a Tickle Tuesday... your mission for today (should you choose to accept it) is to go tickle someone and RUN!

Umbrella - DJ Inkers, Through the Year
Emily - DJ Inkers, Kid's Classics
Wagon - DJ Inkers, Jolly Holly Days
Lime & White card stock from Wal-Mart
Fiskars Adhesive Tabs
Pop Dots
Glitter Glue – Opal
Dashes, Dots & Checks Ribbon from Michael's
Patterned Designer Paper from My Mind's Eye – Everyday Tango
I used dry chalks from Stampin' Up!
Colored Pencils for the red hearts on the umbrella, Emily's nose & eyes
I traced the entire image with a black Ultra Fine Permanent Sharpie

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Janis. I love thunderstorms too, we don't have them very often here in California :(
    The card is so stinkin cute, your getting vey good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lizzy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh! Why don't they have edit on here? lol

    ReplyDelete