Saturday, June 18, 2016

Swap It - Let's BBQ Pocket Letter


I love the SWAP IT group on Facebook. 
This group was created by Lorrie A Nunemaker and June Arnold. 
They have lots of Swap Events you can join for all different types of crafting. I think I'm addicted.

Today is the deadline to mail your Let's BBQ Pocket Letter to your swap Partner. Here's the one I created. Hope she enjoys it!


I used my Cricut to cut out all the shapes. The little Pig Chef is from Digital Delights by Louby Loo.  Papers from last year's July 4th scraps. I thought it would be fun to use a Red, White, and Blue color theme for this project (even though most of my white is actually off-white).


I stuffed the pockets with some balloons, ribbon, jute, tickets, washi, denim, flowers, chipboard pre-sticky works (thanks to my fab Xyron), ric-rac, and an assortment of die cuts and sentiments ready to be used on future projects.


I also included this fun card using that same DDLL piggie, and a little note on a Project Life card.
More Project Life cards and bigger sticker sheets from Mrs. Grossmans were included in the envelope that wouldn't fit in the pockets of the pocket letter.


This was a fun project. It took me a while to get my act together for where to start, but once I picked out the color scheme and papers, looked from some BBQ related die cuts and got that part done, all of a sudden it seemed easy. I guess the more Pocket Letters I make, the more I'll get better at it. Hope my swap partner likes this one from a newbie. I've only made a couple of these so far.

June Stamp of the Month




See the Close to My Heart Catalog HERE
Order Close to My Heart Goodies HERE
Join my Close to My Heart Team HERE 

1 comment: