Sunday, May 2, 2010

NSD MY PINK STAMPER CHALLENGE # 9


Good Sunday to you!  Are you having as much fun this weekend as we are?  I hope so!
Here is my submission for My Pink Stamper's NSD Challenge # 9 - Shaped Project.
(Okay, so I'm not doing the challenges in order.  But I'm having TONS OF FUN with them all!)

Tom, Bonnie, and  I did our weekly grocery shopping today.  
We were in the produce section and I walked to the cart with a watermelon in one hand and a cantaloupe in the other.  Tom looks at me and says, "Nice melons."  LOL    
We have so much fun even doing weekly, routine stuff.  Actually, we have adventures and fun no matter what we're up to.  :)

Our special needs daughter, Bonnie, is extremely friendly and out going.  She introduced herself to another shopper and shook her hand.  The lady looked real confused and said hi and told Bonnie her name.  

We try to tell Bonnie not to do that, but she does it all the time everywhere we go, even in the apartment elevators.  Sometimes she'll even continue the conversation and point at Tom and say, "Daddy," and then point at me and say, "MomMom."  She's a hoot.

Since we bought 4 pounds of strawberries this morning, I remembered the Hello Kitty cart had a strawberry cut on it and wanted to use it for Challenge #9 - Shaped project.  So I made a shaped card.

I've stocked up on buttons this weekend (bought 2 more bags of them today - what's a girl to do?  They were buy one get one free.)  And I bought several skeins of hemp in different colors this weekend. (That's Mary and Momo's fault.  Hahahaha - they've got me hooked on it now.)  So of course they were worked into this project.

Here's the inside of the card.

It's hard to see the black inside cover, but it's there.

I cut a piece of confetti white cardstock for inside the card.  Although I usually just write with a white gel pen on dark cards.

Cricut Cartridge:  HELLO KITTY
Card Feature used for shaped card
Strawberry card cut @ 5 1/4"
Confettie white inside piece cut using Blackout feature at 4 3/4" to give it a little black edge around it.
All papers used from Recollections
Scotch Photo Splits & Zig 2-Way Glue Pen, Zots small 
Prima Flower - Calypso
Button and hemp from Joann's

I'll be back later with another MPS NSC Challenge.  Keep checking in.  Once I get them all posted, I'll make a summary post with links to them all.  
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Toodles, Janis

2 comments:

  1. yummmm!!!!! I love it!!...now I need a strawberry die! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The strawberry is surprisingly versatile. I've seen cards on other sites that use cute sayings with it like, "Berry Sweet" or "Thank You Berry Much." If you make something with a strawberry, come back and leave me a link. :)

    ReplyDelete