Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Library Books Waiting To Be Read

The Lisa Lutz books I have been reading are so good and so funny! But alas, I'm almost done with the one I have now, so a library trip was much needed.  They were out of the final book in the series. :(  So, I filled up my back with other possibilities.

Those of you who follow my blog know how picky I am about books.  A mean, a girl's got to have standards, right?  LOL  I usually grab a big bag full that look and sound interesting, and then once I start a new book I go through the bag and pull one out.  A lot of times, the books don't make it past the first chapter before I toss them back in the bag and grab the next one.  Hence, my need to grab a bag full at a time.

Plus I'm particiating in 2 Reading / Books Challenges this year.  One challenge is simply to read 100+ books in 2010.  Easy enough, well, maybe.  I've completed only 22 so I'm way behind if I want to have 50 read by June which would be the halfway mark.  Hmmmm, surely I have forgotten to write some of them down?  The other challenge is to simply support your local library with the books you read.  Way easy enough.  I've checked out 114 so far this year. Too bad some of them were awful and didn't make my reading cut.  hahaha

So, here's the latest bag full of possibilities:

The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews

The Vault by Peter Lovesey

Them by Nathan McCall

Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder (Book 1 in this new series)
(Oh my gosh!  One of my all time favorite authors.  I have read all 3 of her books in the other series: Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study.  Click here to visit her site and check them out.  You won't be disappointed!)

California Demon by Julie Kenner

Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs (All my friends from the TV show BONES!)

Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs (All my friends from the TV show BONES!)

Let There Be Suspects by Emilie Richards

A Lie for a Lie by Emilie Richards

Beware False Profits by Emilie Richards

Elvis and the Grateful Dead by Peggy Webb

I also stopped at the post office and bought a book of stamps (I know how much you needed this information and that you'll sleep better tonight knowing it. haha); and then off to Target to get a case of water which turned into a case of water, a pack of sparkling water, a bag of Cheetos, and a Reese's Cup.  I love this Target.  It's always practically empty of shoppers (I don't know how they stay in business), quiet, and the buggies are like moon buggies or something that roll so quiet and easily.  

So I've mailed my Mama's Mother's Day card, My mother-in-law's, and my daughter's (her FIRST mother's day!), and a letter to Jimmy overseas with a picture of Minnie Mouse that Bonnie colored.  What have you mailed out today?  I hope you are using all those beautiful cards you make.  That's what you make them for, right!

Toodles,
Janis

2 comments:

  1. You should check out The Antique Print Mysteries - a series of 4 or 5 books by Lea Wait. They were VERY good! Good luck with this pile/bag/list...whichever you would like to call it. I have a 'stack' beside my bed waiting for me to select the next winner! haha

    ReplyDelete