Monday, May 17, 2010

PDE CHALLENGE #1: ATC - ARTIST TRADING CARDS


PDE CHALLENGE #1:  
ATC - ARTIST TRADING CARDS

Who out there enjoys the craft of ATC's?  I'm interested in getting started in that avenue of crafting and swapping some ATCs with you!

Here are the simple PDE Challenge #1 Rules:

  1. Make an ATC (Artist Trading Card) 
  2. ATC size is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
  3. Use any method on your ATC that you want - collage, die cuts, paint, whatever strikes your fancy.
  4. Link your creation with the button below.  It will ask for your blog, but if you have a picture of your ATC in Snapfish or Photobucket or Flickr or any other photo stoarage site, that will also work.  This link will allow others to come over and check out your site and your work!
  5. Challenge will close on Sunday, May 16th at 11:59 pm Alaska Time.
  6. Winner will be chosen from Random.org and will recieve a small sursie from me.  Nothing extravagant, just a thank you for participating in our first ever challenge and winning!
  7. Please link back to this challenge when posting your ATC on your site.  THANKS!


ATC standard size is the size of a regular business card -
2 1/2" x 3 1/2".

Wwhat a great way to use those small scraps you have!

I'm going to make different kinds just so I can get a feel of this.  And just think - we'll be right here together at the beginning of learning ATC creation (well, I'll be learning about it, you may already participate in this craft.)

Please link directly to your ATC creation made specifically for this
PDE CHALLENGE #1
I can't wait to see what you create!

JUST CLICK ON THE BLUE BUTTON UNDER THIS POST TO ADD YOUR PICTURE LINK TO YOUR ATC FOR THIS CHALLENGE!

Merry Monday to you!  :)  Janis

15 comments:

  1. too cute! Love your blinged up mushroom! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to join in..looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join in. i know this is just for a challage to get into making ATC's, but ... When trading ATC's, generally what info do you put on the back?
    Hopefully, I'll be getting a pic to you soon.
    Thanks,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Juls! I do like this mushroom cut with the rhinestones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUE! I'm so glad you are going to participate. I haven't done ATCs before either, so this will be fun to learn. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Joeygirl86! This is fun to see what everyone is coming up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori! Yeah! Thanks for following my blog. I'm also new to the ATC world, but from what I've heard and researched, the information you put on the back is ususally:
    1. Your signature
    2. Date
    3. Your contact info (blog, email, etc)
    4. What number in the sequence it is... like if you made 100 just alike you would number them 1 of 100, 2 of 100, etc.
    5. Normally ATCs are NOT sold, they are traded between artists. Most popular trading times are at crafting / scrapbooking conventions. Most artists won't give you their ATC unless you give them one of yours. So if you know you want to collect at least 100 at a convention, you have to make sure you make at least 100.
    6. When trading ATCs at one event, the ones you make are all alike.

    If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask, and I'll try my best to help you!

    HUGS! Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your answer & your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem! One more thing about ATC for everyone... it's like collecting baseball cards or business cards, only in this instance you are collecting other artist's cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good I have till sunday... ive never made an ATC but will give it a go!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good! Thanks, Jenny. It sounds like this is going to be new and a challenge for everyone...including me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK Janis,
    I have it entered. Thanks this was fun.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, it's so pretty and delicate! Great job! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the info on what a ATC is used for, I had no idea!!! I don't get out much though. that would explain why I would not use this size card. but I like the way they can be put together!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carola, yeah I've never used them either, but it does sound like a neat idea to trade them.

    ReplyDelete