Friday, July 6, 2012

Pause Dream Enjoy Ch#27: SUNSET

FRIDAY! Woo-Hoo!

When was the last time you watched a SUNSET? Has it been a while? Today begins a brand new challenge over at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges blog. For Ch#27 we are asked to create any type of project with a SUNSET theme. You can choose to use the colors of a sunset in your project or create a sunset scene.

Project # 301 of this year
MFPS July #1
  •  ELEGANT EDGES used for Tag base "Swirl2" p. 39 cut @ 4 1/2" Oblong
  • PAGODA for "tree 1" p. 44 cut @ 4"
  • Circle from scrap drawer. It was actually the negative of another cut that wasn't being used
  • Background is colored using chalks
  • RELAX from Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps "Silly Shells" stamp set... click here to shop

 Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps
"Silly Shells" stamp set... 
click here to shop 
My mini album with all the PDE Challenges questions so
far this year! I love it! 
I chose to create tags for all of year's Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges and I'm putting them together in a mini album. (But that's just me. You can create any type of project you want to participate in our challenges.)  I always answer each week's question on the back of my tag and mark if with the date and Week. I also add the theme at the top. This is something that is so fun to do! I figure years from now the grandkids or great-grandkids may get a kick out of my tags and what I wrote about.  Remember, all of the PDE Challenges are open for submissions through the year until December 31, 2012. So everyone has a chance to jump in or catch up at any time in case you also want to make the challenges into some sort of memory book or journal. Just a though. :)

Our JULY sponsor is
GINGER SNAP SCRAPS
Prize: $5 Gift Card available to anyone WORLDWIDE!
One randomly drawn winner from all entries in July.

This is my submission for
INSPIRE ME FRIDAYS!

Card Crafter's Circle - Summer Holiday
CAS-ual Fridays - use Text
Clearly Inspired - Some Like it Hot
Delicious Doodles - Summer Holidays
Our Craft Lounge Die Cuts
Simply Create Too - Summer / Vacation
Stampin' For the Weekend - Tags
Totally Papercrafts - Here Comes Summer

Have a GREAT day! I hope you'll pop over to PDE Challenges and submit a fantastic SUNSET project this week! Smiles! :) Janis
... 

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous Janis!! Great job with the chalk! You've created one very calm scene!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sunset project. I love the colors of chalk you used. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card:) Love the chalked background!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherrie! I need to pop over to your blog and see what you've been up to this week. I love your projects! :) Janis

      Delete
  4. You really make me want to learn how to incorporate chalk into my cards, Janis!!

    -Mee Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful sunset scene. Love the shape. Thanks for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts.
    Hugs Sue W/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sunset...so sweet! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really pretty card! Love how you chalked the background; it's so much softer than ink, reminds me of the windswept trees on the Oregon coast and makes me want to be there! Now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sunset is so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rich colour on this! Very peaceful! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice project! Thank you for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super scene yes there are some beautiful sunsets in summer. Thank you for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles

    ReplyDelete