Wednesday, July 25, 2012

BBQ Invitations with Video... and some fun news!

Crafting For All Seasons Current Challenge..... HERE

Hi, guys! I'm so glad you all visit me every day. I almost always have something new to show you each day. Thank you for all who FOLLOW Pause Dream Enjoy, leave me COMMENTS and play in my 2 Challenge blogs:

Paper Playtime: New challenge every other Monday
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges: New challenge every Friday

Do you remember when I started my blog in May 2009? Seems like forever ago. Well, I made a post on May 31, 2009 that I had just ordered the Cricut Expression and how excited I was waiting on it to get here.

My exciting news today is..... I ordered the Cricut Expression 2 yesterday morning! I'm so antsy with excitement. I can't wait for it to get here!

I love my Cricut. It's the BEST toy I've ever gotten.  I have considered switching over to the CAMEO because of the images that are shared (FREE) for cutting and some other reasons, and I may still do that one day, but my Cricut makes me so happy I doubt I'd ever stop using it no matter what other toys I may buy in the future.

I've been wanting to get the Cricut Expression 2 as well as a Gypsy for some time. I have a long wish list. LOL I work my Cricut to death using it every single day. And I've been so worried it was going to die on me. So it just so happened after waiting for months, I was able to order the Cricut Expression 2 yesterday. Hopefully, I can get the GYPSY soon too, but it may have to wait a few more months before I can spend more money and order that.

On to some BBQ Invitations & a video I made today....

You may have heard me talk about a house we own that we bought several years ago. It was built in the late 1800's and we gutted it down the to studs. Since that time we have worked on it off and on re-building and re-modeling and re-arranging the floor plan.  It's coming along nicely. We will be moving back into it in late August.

Several family members and friends have spent many a weekend at the house with us helping us with gutting, sheetrocking, painting, tile cutting, etc. We are very thankful for all the help we've gotten... especially since the AC broke and we've been working in the house with no AC this summer. Yuck.

We decided in order to thank all of our friends and family for helping, we'd throw a big BBQ cookout. Sounds like fun, huh?

Here are the invitations I made for this event...

Project #340 - 349 of this year


Here's a video with all the details...


  • A2 size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Black mat cut @ 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
  • Blue checkered mat (from Hobby Lobby's "Farm Fresh" paper stack) cut @ 4" x              5 1/4"
  • Elegant Edges "Leaves" p. 29 cut @ 4 1/4" wish Shadow feature
  • Block Party (Lite cart) cut @ 2 1/2"
  • Block Party "BBQ" cut @ 1" with Shadow feature
  • Faux Bow for ribbon method... explained in the video above. Originally learned from Mary's video HERE
  • "Thanks So Much!" Cardz TV Stamps "Ticket Talk 2" stamp set
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure and come back on Friday for the Super Hero Blog Hop! I'll have some CARDZ TV STAMPS to give away!!

Smiles :) Janis

Submitted to these challenges:
Everybody-Art-Challenge - #201 Summer (Until 28th August)
Die Cuttin' Divas - must include a Die-cut - #75 Summer Fun
Creative Craft Challenges - 2W, 3E -   Summertime  (Week 1)
Crafty Sentiments - 1E, SIO - Food Inspired Challenge
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Whimsy Inspiration - 3E, SIO - #49 Summer fun
<Crafts and Me - #94 Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - 1E, C10 - no stamped images

17 comments:

  1. Yay for you to get the expression!!! Very cute BBQ invites!!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute invites. Love my E2, but I still use my E most of the time crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gonna love it! I love my E2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! I am soooooooo excited for you!!!! What funness you are gonna have with your new toy!!! Oh, and I so love the invites!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janis, you are going to love your E2. If you need any help with it just ask. The invites are so cute. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your invitations are soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you started your blog, we started at the same time! Congrats on your E2. I bought one on Black Friday Sale and still have not opened it! My regular Cricut works so why mess with it?? Your BBQ cards are super fun! Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute invitations! I am considering either an E2 or a Cameo. Make sure you tell us how you like it. Maybe you can help me make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janis, you did a great job. Those invitations are so cute. TFS
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, great image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card.

    Thank you fr joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, I'm so excited that you ordered the E2. I LOVE mine. I have the 5th Anniversary one and I haven't used my poor expression since. You are going to LOVE it!! Those BBQ invites are so great. I love that big ol' burger and the blue plaid paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your invitations are Super Cute!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  14. sensational! and making me feel like a BBQ!

    Thanks for sharing this with us over at Whimsy.

    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your invitations are GREAT!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Yum,.Thes are fabulous, i love your striking design and very scrummy burger.
    Thanks for joining us this week at the Crafts and Me challenge ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. what fab invites.. that burger looks good enough to eat
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our food challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete