Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paper Pups: Love Birds


Have you been over to Cricut Cardz Challenge's blog?  It's so inspiring and fun!

Here is my submission for their Cricut Cardz Challenge #10. Here's their rules quoted from their blog:

This week we have a color challenge for you. Make a Valentine's card using only green, lavender, black and white. You may use any cartridge(s) you'd like.
 Purple and lavender are 2 of my most favorite colors!  And yes, I made 2 cuts of everything and put it in an envelope disassembled in my "card kits" file drawer.  Now I have easy access to make a quick card in the future or I can send the kit to my Mama for her to make.  (I'll be sending it to my Mama.)


Here are all the details:
  • Cricut Cartridge: Paper Pups
  • page 104: heart cut in lavender blackout feature at 2" Real Dial Size; regular heart (shift) cut in black 2" Real Dial Size; assembled together with Zig 2-Way Glue Pen; assembled to card with Scotch Photo Splits
  • page119: tree cut in black with blackout feature at 4"; tree cut regular in green at 4"; adhered together with Scotch Photo Splits; adhered to card with Scotch Photo Splits
  • page 119: love birds cut at 1 1/2" Real Dial Size; white cut with blackout feature; lavender cut regular (shift); assembled together with Zig 2-Way Glue Pen; assembled to card with Scotch Photo Splits and larger bird assembled to card with Pop Dots
  • Lavender card base from Value Pack pre-scored for easy folding!
  • Black mat cut at 5 1/4" x 4"
  • Lavender swirly circles cut at 5" x 3 3/4" (paper from stash)
 C'mon!  Play along!  Hugs, Janis

6 comments:

  1. Hello Janis~ I just found your terrific blog & love it.
    You can bet I will be stopping by often to get inspiration.
    Your cards are just great!
    I did not know about the paper pups criut cartridge either so thanks for the info on that.
    I hope you can stop by my blog & follow along too at:
    http://archiving-angel.blogspot.com
    I spent a while browsing at your previous posts & creations-just lovely.

    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute, cute card Janis!
    Thanks for playing CCC this week!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for leaving the detailed instructions AND the page from the manual so I know exactly what you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card you've designed Janis. Great use of the colors (that really had me stressing)! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv what you did with this challenge and so happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete