Friday, January 8, 2010

January 2010 Scrapbook Page

Hey, guys!  I worked on a scrapbook page today.  I found a really fun idea over at Dawn5377 on YouTube (LOVE her videos!!) and incorporated it into my January 2010 scrapbook page.


The "January 2010" was cut with Cricut Cartridge Plantin SchoolBook at 2" using the Roly Poly font.

The "bag in a card" measurements are as follows:
Card 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".... scored at 2" and 5 1/2"
Bag - cut top off at 3 1/4"
Ivory mat cut at 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Striped mat cut at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Red mat cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"


Crop-a-Dile was used to cut holes down left side of patterned paper.  Then the scissors were used to cut slits from the edge of the page to the punched holes.  This allowed me to push the tabs of paper in between each spiral binding to make it look like my entire page was patterned instead of having the white page showing were the spiral binding is.


The bear with scarf stamp as well as the snowflake stamp came from a small clear Christmas stamp set I got at Walmart last year.  I stamped him in brown, then outlined him again with a brown Crayola marker and colored him with a brown Crayola crayon.


The tag was taped under a striped square cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" on the inside of the card flap.


I used a pop dot to adhere a yellow button onto the page under the card and added a red smaller button on top of that with a Zot Dot.  The string from the tag easily wraps around the raised buttons to hold the card flap closed.


The bag would be great to include small memoribilla from January 2010 such as tickets to a movie or play you attended, receipts from a special purchase, or just a bullet list of everyday items and their current prices for future generations to oooo and ahhhh over how cheap things were "back then."  LOL  And of course you can also store a few special pictures in there.


If you have any questions about the measurements or supplies used, please don't hesitate to ask me!


Don't forget to check out Dawn's YouTube page - which is where I got the "bag in a card" idea. She has tons and tons of great instructional videos.  I always enjoy checking out what's she's up to.
Hugs!  Janis

2 comments:

  1. oh yes, me too...love watching dawn...she's too cute! love that idea...i need to hop on over and check out what the haps is with the videos!

    ReplyDelete