Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Flower Can Shaped Card



Don't you just love finding inspiration all over the blogging world?

Here is my card for Allsorts Week 8 Shaped cards.

I used the Cricut Cartridge Walk in My Garden to cut the flower can. Then I traced it onto the back of designer paper to get the back of the card. I adhered the 2 shapes together with eyelets and ribbon to make the card open and close.

I grabbed some artificial flowers and tied them with silver curling ribbon.

This was really fun, and I found with the shape of the card itself there really wasn't a need for a lot of embellishing.

The outside of the card is made with DCWV All Dressed Up glitter stack, and the inside of the card is made with paper from My Mind's Eye - Everyday Tango.

Hop over to Allsorts Challenge Blog and check out the designers' shaped cards. I think my favorite is the little black dress card.


Scroll down to see other posts from today.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Janis

    What a wonderful idea for a card. Really unusual.

    I love the papers you have used and those flowers look real!

    Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. It would be great if you could try and join us next week too.

    Good luck.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janis, your card is just stunning! You are one creative lady!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary. You are such a joyful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis, bloggers really playing up tonight, this my third attempt so do hope no repeats.

    Your card is lovely, such a clever idea and some great artwork on your blog.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely beautiful!
    ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is super, love your clever ideal. Thanks Janis, for your sweet comment on my blog. Glad you stopped in.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Janis, love the idea. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janis
    Love this card - the shape is so unusual but perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week - hope to see you again.
    TTFN
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous shape for a card,very creative,
    thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab shape!! love it

    thanks for joining us this week at allsorts

    lotsalove
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete