Wednesday, October 12, 2022

October Family Calendar


Hi, everyone!

We have moved, and I'm still not all unpacked. But whatever. I have my whole life to get it sorted, right? It's coming together. The entire house has been unpacked and organized, it's just my new craft room that's still not completely organized yet. It will get there. No rush. 

But amid all of the chaos, I found time to get the October calendar up - even though we are almost 2 weeks into the month.

We've changed from putting the calendar on the frig, to using a magnetic whiteboard instead. And it's tucked away on a little passage way between the kitchen and the dining room, so really no one will see it unless they walk by the pantry area. Which I like because I put a lot of post it notes on there for different things we have planned. 

(There's more to this calendar I'm not showing in the photo above. We also have 2 charts. One shows everyone's name grouped with their family, and how old they are/will be for a 10 year period. The grandkids LOVE this! The other chart shows everyone's birthday listed by month. And then there's all the sitcky notes for upcoming events & appointments.)

Dates:
    SU black cardstock cut in 1" squares using Silhouette
    Date numbers cut in orange vinyl and adhered to the black squares

(I decided to stop putting the date numbers on the images, so I could make them separate to re-use them each month. Plus this allows me to use all kinds of images that don't have blank space to add the dates.)

Images:
    All images are print & cuts from Silhouette library. I love love love that print & cut feature!

Days of the week:
    Silhouette library

Blank Black Dates - no numbers:
    I decided to use these to fill in the beginning / end of the weeks when a new month starts / ends. Also using them to mark birthdays & other things.

This was really fun. I love making this each month. I have a whole bag that grows each month, and you may think I'd reuse them. I always think I will, but then I decide, nah... I have to make some new ones. LOL The only ones we re-use since I started this several years ago, are the trees for December. Bonnie loves the Christmas trees.

Have a great day!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, following, & commenting!!
:) Janis Lewis, Pause Dream Enjoy
****
Founder & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a fabulous project, love all the details you have on it. Great days of the week. Yep! I like the print and cut on the silhouette too.
    Hope you settle in your new home soon and Bonnie is OK.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete