Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Going Buggy!

If you are looking for the personal challenge between my friend, Susan and I.... click here.

Project # 243 of this year
One of the fun memories I have from growing up is the camping trips we would take with all our aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins. We used to have a BLAST! We would go camping at Rocks Pond a lot, and I remember the mosquito truck going up and down the camping rows spraying mosquito spray.  Since that time, Rocks Pond has been destroyed by some hurricane weather, but it is mending and re-growing trees again. It looks totally different today than it does in my memories and in our old family photos.

This is page 2 of the mini album I started yesterday. On the front of the pages, I'm creating them using different themes from several different challenge blogs. I'm leaving the backs of the pages blank so I can just journal what's going on in our life these days.

The yellow eyelet you see on the side of this page is actually over 2 years old! I remember being so excited to finally get a Crop-a-dile and bought tons of eyelets. I think I have 3 left now. Wow. Time to go re-stock on those soon.

I also tend to hoard googlie eyes. I just love them! I'll buy different sizes of them and love using them this way on my projects. LOL

Thanks for stopping by!! If you have a challenge blog, leave me a comment with the link... I may come and play there too!

  • Mini album page from ELEGANT EDGES p. 37 "Stamp" Oblong cut @ 4 3/4"
  • D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder for background
  • CAMPIN CRITTERS Frog p. 23 cut @ 3"
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Fun in the Sun" for "Summer Vacation" stamp
  • CARDZ TV STAMPS "Going Buggy" for "Going Buggy" stamp
Supplies Used (click buttons to go shopping!):




Challenge Themes (Click links below to visit these challenge blogs):
  • My Sheri Crafts #86 - Summer theme (frogs & flies)
  • Deep Ocean Ch Blog #25 Swirls (D'vine Swirl embossed background)
  • Use It Tuesday #32 Use TWO (post must include listed item I hoard in stash - EYELETS & GOOGLIE EYES)
  • Crazy Challenge #121 Childhood Memories (camping and the mosquito spray truck)
  • Dream Valley #33 - Humor (Going Buggy)
  • Die Cuttin' Divas #67 Anything Goes
  • Oldie But A Goodie Ch - Anything Goes (must use and state what item is at least 6 mos old) (eyelets)

Challenges Entered (click buttons below to visit these challenge blogs):


11 comments:

  1. This is just a great idea! And love this page, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image! I need to get that cartridge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, does this bring back good memories! I just love how the frog is spraying the fly! Wonderful job on it! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable page for your mini booklet. And what a great idea. . .Wouldnt it be a great way to do a week vacation? Just a quick little diary that can be taken along, and write highlights on the back. Then you have your info to do your scrapbooking, and yet, something fun to still look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely darling....love it! So glad you joined us at UIT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Love the embossing and the google eyes on the frog!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janis,
    I just love your card. it is so much fun!!!Summer vacation has finally arrived and I am buggy and loving it. Thanks for joining MSC.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab page for your album! Thanks for joining our Humour challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! Such a cute little froggie :-) Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete