Thursday, August 5, 2010

CREATE JOY

Oh my goodness, these Triangle fold cards are ADDICTIVE!  (See post below for instructions and video).

I love the colors on this creations.  All of my papers are from DCWV The Ultimate Through the Year Stack.  Summery.  Bright.  Cheery.  Smiles in paper form.  :)


I wanted to make this card to send to a friend.  I was trying to put the smile on my face into this project.  I hope it shows through!




This made me think of sentiments like:
"Hop on Over to My Pad" 
and
"Good friends are always a hop away."  

Not sure what I'll end up using.

CREATE A CRITTER page 24
Frog cut @ 3"
Dragonfly cut @ 2 1/2"
Lilly pad cut twice, 1 " for green and 1 1/2" for black - layered for shadow affect.
Inside mats - teal cut @ 4 1/4" x 4  1/8"; green cut @ 3 7/8" x 3 3/4"
Small squares on gate folds cut @ - teal @ 1 3/4 square, green @ 1 1/2" square
Flower embellishment from Cloud 9 Designs
"Create Joy" bubble stickers from Cloud 9 Designs

This is my submission for the following challenges:
  1. ABC Challenge - A is for August
  2. Cute Card Thursday - #124 Whateva!
  3. Design Dollies - Friendship
  4. Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Anything Goes!
  5. Shelly's Images - This Place Is A Zoo!

Toodles!

:) Janis

13 comments:

  1. Love it!! I need to try a triangle fold card one of these days. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, I have to try one myself!!! You done a great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so bright and cheerful! Love it! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! Love the cuts you used on that awesome paper!! Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY card! I like "Hop on over to my pad!" :) I'm SO not good with punny statements like that! :) Thanks for playing with the Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in this card as well. I like both sayings. Maybe, "Good friends are ONLY a hop away!" Cute, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute Janis! Thanks for sharing it! Hope you'll be back next week to join us again for TTT at Shelly's Images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super card hun, those papers are def very smiley.Thanks for joining us this week at abc

    hugs Clare x

    you can also enter your card at sarah hurley challenges- Anything goes

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card....brought a smile to my face. And you're right those sentiments would be perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAY cute, Janis! i love the happy colours, too - totally up my alley! i haven't tried a triangle card, but i may have to give it a go!

    thanks for joining us in the Dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet :) I've never made a triangle card like that - thanks for the inspiration. And thanks so much for playing along at Design Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card. And so creative! Thanks for playing along at Shelly's Images TTT
    xxx Marion

    ReplyDelete