Thursday, July 8, 2010

SUMMER


How's your Thursday going for you?  Good, I hope!  Doesn't this card make you want to go sit outside, under a tree, in the evening when it's not so hot, and enjoy the view?

Here's all the crazy details for this card...

  • Blue glittered background paper from DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack cut @ 12" x 6" and folded in half.
  • Right side corners rounded with Fiskars Corner Rounder - Medium
  • Orange background paper from Debbie Mumm cut @ 5 3/4" x 5 1/4"
  • Checked background paper from Debbie Mumm cut @ 5 3/4" x 5"
  • Grass cut from GIVE A HOOT page 76 @ 1/2" and trimmed bottom for straight edge
  • Tree trunk from MICKEY & FRIENDS page 125 cut @ 4 1/2" on REAL DIAL SIZE
  • Top of tree from MICKEY & FRIENDS page 125 cut @ 4 1/2" (not on RDS) (yes, I mixed the tree trunk with the other tree top - I liked it this way better.)
  • Chair cut from BLOCK PARTY @ 3"
  • Grass, Chair, & Tree all enhanced with Stampin' Up chalks
  • Everything adhered with Scoth Photo Splits or Zig 2-Way Glue Pen
This is my submission for the following Challenge Blogs (go check 'em out!)
I found these Challenge Blogs from a VERY COOL site I discovered yesterday.  It's THE DAILY DARE. And they added PAPER PLAYTIME to their Monday list!  YEAH!!

Stay cool in this heat,
Janis :)

8 comments:

  1. You are soooo right. I just want to sit in that chair with a cold ice tea and a good book.

    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book! Would be great to sit outside with ice tea and a good book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I just wrote great book instead of card!! It's the heat!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! LOLOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Love it. Hope you got my comment on Wednesday. Email me soon. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card!
    I've been trying to contact you about the sponsorship of your challenge blog but for some reason the emails must not be getting to you. I get yours but you keep saying you don't get mine.
    I've replied to the email and also copied to your gmail address but still nothing.
    I just wanted to let you know that I am trying to contact you and not ignoring you :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, a bit of sunshine and a cool drink would go sooo well with your card Janis. Thanks for enticing us at TT with such a wonderful scene.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card - love the vibrant colours.
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete