Followers

Friday, July 16, 2010

HERDING VACATION?


I have a friend (I know, shocking, right?) who went on vacation not too long ago and participated in a cattle drive.  She said they only went down the street, but still, that sounds like FUN!!  So when I was doing my daily browsing on THE DAILY DARE, I found several challenges I wanted to participate in and was thinking, how could I make this work?  And what you see above is the outcome.  Here are all the details...

  • Card base Navy blue from Value pack pre-scored for easy folding!
  • Dotted background paper cut @ 5 1/4" x 4" (DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack)
  • Yellow background paper cut @ 5 1/2" x 3 1/4" (DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack)
  • Cricut Cartridge PAPER DOLL DRESS UP
  • Cowboy page 66 cut @ 3 1/2" (papers from Recollections)
  • Cow page 67 cut @ 2 3/4" (papers from Recollections)
  • Buttons and Twine from Joann's
  • Bottom grass is actually the negative from a grass cut PDDU page 78, Tabs, cut @ 1 1/2" orginally
  • 2 different sized Googlie eyes
  • Cowboy face drawn with Ultra Fine Tip Black Sharpie
  • Everything edges with Stampin' Up chalks
This is my submission for the following challenges:
  1. Paper Cutz Challenge #50 - Cowboy / Western Theme
  2. 365 Cards Day #138 - Create Your Own (List A - Gingham; List B - Red, Green, Yellow; List C - 2 buttons; List D - Oval (rope around cow)
  3. If The Shoe Fits #41 - Vacation (cattle drive time!)
  4. Raise The Bar #27 - Something old (DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack papers); Something new (larger Googlie eyes!); Something borrowed or recycled (negative image from grass cut earlier); Something blue (buttons, background paper, card base, and cowboy's jeans)
Yes, we are having fun now!  Or as we say at our house when something is working out....

"WE'RE COOKING WITH GAS NOW!"

Happy Trails to You,
:) Janis

10 comments:

  1. haha, cute! herding vacation works ;) thanks for joining us at the Shoe for our vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Janis! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janis! This is just priceless!! I just looooove it!! That little cowpoke is adorable!
    All of you are in my prayers dear Friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how adorable! I love this card! Reminds me of my nephew hehehe :) :) :) :) :) Have a wonderful Sunday! HUGS!

    ps: pleasssssse consider flushing the word verification, i dont know if i asked yet, sorry if i did. lol i always mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little cowboy. I do not have PaperDolls, but I always see neat projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card! Thanks for playing along on PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a super sweet card. love those googly eyes. Thanks for playing along at Raise the Bar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever and totally adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise the Bar this week. I do hope you will join us again next challenge!!

    ReplyDelete