The card I want to show you today is using some new paper, an older Cricut cartridge, some new ric rak ribbon I got for Christmas, and a brand new Cardz TV Stamp set that will be available for pre-order in the store soon.
So it's not the traditional Valentine card, but it's cute!
I was looking through all the awesome and fun challenges that are listed at Feline Playful (a GREAT challenge index site) and one challenge in particular jumped out at me and made me immediately think of the Crocs Rule cartridge and the Croc with the umbrella. That's what inspired this card.
The challenge I'm referring to is at Make My Monday - C6 - Literary Inspiration (Persuasion) Be inspired by the cover, the book, or both. Make sure you mention in your post how you were inspired by this challenge. (Mon)
- A2 size TENT style card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- All pattern papers from Echo Park "A Boy's Life" Collection kit (LOVE!)
- Outside mats:
- Red mat cut @ 4" x 5 1/4"
- Dotty mat cut @ 3 3/4" x 5"
- Blue mat cut @ 3 3/4" x 1"
- CROCS RULE:
- Swimsuit Crock cut @ 3 1/2" and edges inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink
- Adhered with Foam Tape (TSQ Facebook Royal Castle Shoppe)
- Googlie eyes added for fun
- CREATE A CRITTER:
- Umbrella p. 31 cut @ 3 1/2" and edges inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink
- CARDZ TV STAMPS:
- "Heart to Heart" sentiment stamp set inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and edges inked with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink
- Inside mats:
- Red mat cut @ 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- Dotty mat cut @ 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
- Ivory mat cut @ 2 3/4" x 4" and edges inked with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink
Have a fun weekend! :) Janis
- Make My Monday - C6 - Literary Inspiration (Persuasion) Be inspired by the cover, the book, or both. Make sure you mention in your post how you were inspired by this challenge. (Mon)
- Natalie and Amy's Challenge - M, P30 - something old and something new (30th) (Old Crocs Rule cartridge - new paper, stamp set, and ric rak ribbon)
- Bitten by the Bug - W, must use Cricut - Spring (Mon)
- Brown Sugar – E2 - #28 Anything Goes (Fri)
- Card Crafter's Circle - 3E, C10 – #61 Valentines (Fri)
- Card Makin' Mamas - 2W, 2E, cards only – Love (Fri)
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - 3E – #110 Valentine (Fri)
- Creative Corner-#6 For the boys (Fri)
- Polka Doodles - C10 – Love (Fri)
- Totally Papercrafts – #153 Valentines or Love (Fri)
Love how you looked at a classic and came up with such a cute cute card! Rain or shine, I am so glad you are my friend!ReplyDelete
Janis, this is such a fun card. Loving the design and cheerful colours.ReplyDelete
What a fun and cute card. Love the images used and great sentiment.ReplyDelete
Too cute!! lee-Ann :)ReplyDelete
What a cute card. I love all the cute papers. Your card is so cheery! The ric rac is just perfect. Thanks for sharing at bbtb2.ReplyDelete
Cute card! I may have to add that cart to my wish list now. The crocs are so adorable. TFS and enjoy your walk and Saturday my friend. :)ReplyDelete
OH my word, this is TOO CUTE!!! PERFECT inspiration for our challenge--and I adore the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)ReplyDelete
Very cute.... The crocs is cute enough to kiss, and who could ever say that about a croc. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 Spring challenge.ReplyDelete
Really cute card - love the croc. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.ReplyDelete
Love this card!ReplyDelete
bright and cute card! Very unusual for Valentine day ) Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity!ReplyDelete
A really cute card Janis.ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining in with our MMM literary inspiration challenge.
LOL This card is fabulous! I love the awesome papers you used on this card, they are so bright and cheery! I also love your ric rac, so bold and cherry too!! Thanks for joining BBTB2 ;-)ReplyDelete
Cute, cute card. Love that croc. Great papers too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. StephanieReplyDelete
Oh my stinkin goodness...such a SUPER CUTE card!!! LOVE that little croc!!!! And the colors are awesome!!!ReplyDelete
thanks for playing over at BBTB2
Such an adorable card inside and out. Love the croc with his umbrella. The polka dots are perfect for this fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.ReplyDelete
What a cutie card! Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar Challenge.ReplyDelete
Oh my goodness, how stinkin' cute is that?? LOVE your croc card!!! I love the colors, the cuts and the fab design. Simply adorable. Thank you for joining us this week in the BBTB2 challenge.ReplyDelete
What a fun card, love the image and colours. Thanks for joining us at Totally Pspercrafts.ReplyDelete
Hugs Sue W.
Love your quirky little crocodile card, Janis.ReplyDelete
Thanx for joining us at the Polkadoodles challenge.
Jan (DT) xx (http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk)
great how you created such a great inside aswellReplyDelete
thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges