My mama and daddy called me yesterday. They are a riot when they call because they are either both on an extension and talking at the same time or adding info to what the other one is telling me, or like yesterday, one's on the phone with me and the other is in the background yelling info to add. LOL They crack me up. So Daddy asked if me, Tom, and Bonnie would come see him this weekend. I said yes. I love my parents.
This year I have been posting Calendar Pages on the first of each month. Calendar pages are something new and different I'm doing this year. I make them 12" x 12" and staple them to my craft room wall above my computer monitor for easy reference to dates. When the month is over, I put it in my scrapbook.
For March, I started the calendar page last night and finished it up this morning. I just can't seem to make myself wait and post it on March 1st. LOL I want to show it to you now. LOL
Come join us on Facebook at the PLAY ALONG Group and upload your photo of your calendar page creation! Find us here.... http://www.facebook.com/groups/231695926966319/
- Yellow textured 12" x 12" cardstock for the base.
- Brown 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" cardstock for the first mat.
- Gray mat is 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" pattern paper from the Recollections 180 stack "Bright and Basic."
- DESIGNER'S CALENDAR:
- Grid p. 47 cut @ 7" with shadow backing (gold pattern paper from Recollections 180 stack "Mosaic Memories."
- MARCH cut @ 3" with shadow and double matted
- Day abbreviations cut @ 1"
- Day numbers cut with Shadow ONLY @ 1"
- Grid adhered using Jumbo 2-Way Glue
- Numbers and Day abbreviations adhered using Xyron label maker
- March adhered with Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive (liquid)
- Anna Griffin:
- 3D Flowers, bird, bows, and banner flags by grid at 23rd (all popped up)
- Wooden geads
- 3D Acetate Butterflies (popped up)
- Fiskars 3-in-1 corner punch for sentiment matting
- Stick Pins from My Mind's Eye "Miss Caroline" (flower to the left of March)
- Daylight Savings Time Begins on 10th:
- Clock was punched with Fiskars 1" circle punch with numbers and clock hands hand-drawn. Edges double inked with Peeled Paint and Tea Dye (Tim Holtz Distress inks)
- St. Patrick's Day on 17th:
- Shamrock Designer's Calendar p. 30 cut @ 1" and inked with Peeled Paint (Tim Holtz Distress ink)
- Spring Begins on 20th:
- Flowers with wire stems from Jolee
- Easter on 31st:
- Butterfly from Jolee
- CARDZ TV STAMPS:
- "St. Patrick's Day" stamp set used for sentiment and inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink
- Sentiment popped up with foam tape
Here is my February and March calendars on the wall above my computer monitor. I stapled 2 pieces of white cardstock to the wall, then I clothespinned the calendars to the cardstock. This way I don't have to damage the calendars with staples AND I don't damage my wall every month with new staples. :)
Thank you so much for stopping by today! :) Janis
Corrosive Challenges - 2W, 3E - (1st week) Rainbow Bright (ends 2nd March) (Sun)
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything But a Card (Sun)
Pile It On - Clips and/or Pins # (Sun)
Incy Wincy Designs - W - Pop it Up (Mon)
Forever Friends - M / 2W, E3 - Monthly Challenge (Feb)monthly challenge is animals and / or butterflies and / or birds on projects (Feb)
Anything Goes Challenge - 2W, 5E - #86 Vintage / Shabby Chic (Tues)
Fab 'n' Funky - 1E, C10 - #159 Flower Power (Wed)
The Perfect Sentiment - must have sentiment on front - #67 Flowers (Wed)
My Time Made Easy - 2W, SIO - #82 Saffron (yellow), Pink, Pear, Rose (Thurs)
Hotshot Crafts - M - #15 anything but a card (Fri)
Your calendar page is just beautiful!ReplyDelete
So pretty! Lee-Ann :)ReplyDelete
This is awesome Janis!! I so love all of the embellies! Beautiful!!!! :)ReplyDelete
Your calender looks lovely! Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month and good luck!ReplyDelete
X - Natalie - X
very nice love it, thank you for joining us at Glitter n sparkle challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.ReplyDelete
These are AMAZING!!! I have been wanting to make a calendar ever since I got Designer's Calendar cartridge but I'm afraid of trying to tackle it and have it go unfinished. I think maybe if I started something now I could have it complete by Christmas! You are an inspiration...keep it up!ReplyDelete
Fabulous March calendar page, Janis, and I love those roses! I'm so happy that you joined in our "Floral Fantasia" challenge at Perfect Sentiment this week, and I hope we're going to see your talent displayed here again soon.ReplyDelete
This is so nice hunni,something totally different to do. Must have a go. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month. Tracey DTReplyDelete
This is pretty calendar page, I love your dimensional flowers.ReplyDelete
Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
this is brilliant thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xxReplyDelete
Love these calendar pages and all teh sweet details - fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.ReplyDelete
wow, what a great calendar. I love all your die cuts, you put a lot of work into this.ReplyDelete
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.
Gorgeous creation!! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck in the drawReplyDelete
hugs Vicky xxx
Lovely calendars. Love all the embellishments you used. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiments this week. Hope to see you again.ReplyDelete
Fab idea to make a calendar. Love your gorgeous roses and little added embellies. It really makes a statement piece.ReplyDelete
Thanks for linking up at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week. Hope you can join us again soon.
Fabulous calendar pages! I love them all! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge! I hope you join us again soon!ReplyDelete
Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT