My mama and daddy called me yesterday. They are a riot when they call because they are either both on an extension and talking at the same time or adding info to what the other one is telling me, or like yesterday, one's on the phone with me and the other is in the background yelling info to add. LOL They crack me up. So Daddy asked if me, Tom, and Bonnie would come see him this weekend. I said yes. I love my parents.
This year I have been posting Calendar Pages on the first of each month. Calendar pages are something new and different I'm doing this year. I make them 12" x 12" and staple them to my craft room wall above my computer monitor for easy reference to dates. When the month is over, I put it in my scrapbook.
For March, I started the calendar page last night and finished it up this morning. I just can't seem to make myself wait and post it on March 1st. LOL I want to show it to you now. LOL
Come join us on Facebook at the PLAY ALONG Group and upload your photo of your calendar page creation! Find us here.... http://www.facebook.com/groups/231695926966319/
- Yellow textured 12" x 12" cardstock for the base.
- Brown 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" cardstock for the first mat.
- Gray mat is 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" pattern paper from the Recollections 180 stack "Bright and Basic."
- DESIGNER'S CALENDAR:
- Grid p. 47 cut @ 7" with shadow backing (gold pattern paper from Recollections 180 stack "Mosaic Memories."
- MARCH cut @ 3" with shadow and double matted
- Day abbreviations cut @ 1"
- Day numbers cut with Shadow ONLY @ 1"
- Grid adhered using Jumbo 2-Way Glue
- Numbers and Day abbreviations adhered using Xyron label maker
- March adhered with Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive (liquid)
- Anna Griffin:
- 3D Flowers, bird, bows, and banner flags by grid at 23rd (all popped up)
- Wooden geads
- 3D Acetate Butterflies (popped up)
- Fiskars 3-in-1 corner punch for sentiment matting
- Stick Pins from My Mind's Eye "Miss Caroline" (flower to the left of March)
- Daylight Savings Time Begins on 10th:
- Clock was punched with Fiskars 1" circle punch with numbers and clock hands hand-drawn. Edges double inked with Peeled Paint and Tea Dye (Tim Holtz Distress inks)
- St. Patrick's Day on 17th:
- Shamrock Designer's Calendar p. 30 cut @ 1" and inked with Peeled Paint (Tim Holtz Distress ink)
- Spring Begins on 20th:
- Flowers with wire stems from Jolee
- Easter on 31st:
- Butterfly from Jolee
- CARDZ TV STAMPS:
- "St. Patrick's Day" stamp set used for sentiment and inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink
- Sentiment popped up with foam tape
Here is my February and March calendars on the wall above my computer monitor. I stapled 2 pieces of white cardstock to the wall, then I clothespinned the calendars to the cardstock. This way I don't have to damage the calendars with staples AND I don't damage my wall every month with new staples. :)
Thank you so much for stopping by today! :) Janis