Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

HAPPY MINI BOOK







This project is inspired by the surprise I got in the mail yesterday from Melissa at http://melissa-moecreations.blogspot.com/.  I've made these accordion Mini Books before, but not this size.  I really like this size!

I took a 12" x 12" piece of DCWV cardstock and cut it in strips.  So each strip came out to be 4" x 12".  Then I put that in my Martha Stewart Scoring Board and scored every 3" and accordion folded it.  Fan folded it.  Mountain and valley folded it.  You get the picture.  :)

I used papers from Cloud 9 Designs for background mats.  All the cuts are from Plantin SchoolBook using papers from Recollections. 

All embellishments are from Michael's and Joann's.

This was really FUN!!!

On the side I haven't embellished yet, I'm going to put quotes or happy thoughts or sayings.  Something you can leave on your desk for a while that will make you smile.  Every body needs a "hug" or a smile now and then.  That's why I'm calling this MY HAPPY BOOK.  :)

This is my submission for Paper Cutz Challenge #58 to use tags in your project. 

Thanks for stopping by and all the comments you guys always leave me!  If you have any questions, just ask.  Make sure you leave your email so I can respond.  Someone left me a question a few days ago and I can't get back in touch with them because they don't have a blog or an email attached to their comment.  That makes me feel bad.  I'm NOT IGNORING YOU!  

Much love and hugs.... oh and    LET'S GO GAMECOCKS!  I live in Augusta, Georiga, but am from South Carolina.  Augusta is right on the border of GA and SC.  Tomorrow The Georgia Bulldogs are playing our Carolina Gamecocks.  There is a lot of excitement in the air in this town with huge downtown BORDER BASH parties in the park and stuff.  No, I won't be attending any parties, but I will be supporting our Gamecocks from home tomorrow!  Woo-Hoo!  Get out your pom-poms!



Janis

16 comments:

  1. Janis, that is just beautiful! I will have to make one of these one of these days :) TFS

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Great submission for the Paper Cutz challenge - thanks for joining us!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Janis!! Love all the cuts you put on it with the embellies. Those papers are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...love the bright colors of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card. Thanks for joining us for the PaperCutz Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it, now you have inspired me to make one that size...gonna do both sides too!!! Great job Janis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those mini books and you did such a great job with it. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous project. I have those same papers you used sitting on my work table in front of me for a project I'm working on. I just love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at PCC for this week's tag challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute!! Thanks for joining the PCC Challenge this week!!
    Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic and I loe the tags on the front.
    Thanks for joining us at PCC this week.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the song at the end...card is beautiful also. I have been in a funk for a few days, but i think i am going to try this card today. thanks for the inspirations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SUCH a fun project! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Janis, you said to give you our blog when we make a mini book. So here is the one I made, and if you like it please join my family also.
    http://uniquemonique01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete