Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beautiful Day For A Walk

Tom, Bonnie and I just walked 3 miles around town. It's a good thing us Southern Bells glow instead of sweat. :)

I haven't walked that far at one time in...... probably since I had to in gym class.

Tom is very active and very fit... Bonnie and I not so much. But we are trying!

Here's a pic of Tom at one of his 5K runs. I think this was 1 or 2 years ago?
(he's the one in red)

I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. I would love to get our ice cream maker out, but I don't have any of the ingredients. I think I'll put that on my shopping list for next weekend.

Until tomorrow. I'm itching to do some scrapbooking.

Hugs,
Janis

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janis! Sounds like ya'll had a fun but active weekend. How hot is it in SC right now? We've had one of the coolest summer's I can remember...and one of the wettest. It didn't seem to hurt the garden too much though. I've done 54 quarts of tomatoes and so far, 12 quart bags of purple hull peas and 15 quart bags of cabbage. Wayne and our son Tim,
    dug 300 lbs of potatoes this weekend! We're like a bunch of squirrels getting ready for the winter, lol!
    I'll be talking to Lynn when she gets home from work, about getting you a copy of her book.
    Ttyl,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mary! I think it was around 85 yesterday and thick with humidity. The walk wasn't so bad, but toward the end, we were all just "glowing" and feeling sticky. eewwwww. There were a few times Bonnie wanted to turn back. Thank goodness Tom has a way of getting her to continue on. This morning, Bonnie and I walked 1.52 miles. I sure hope I see a difference when I get weighed in at our Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow! Your garden sounds wonderful! I love potatoes! Especially homemade mashed potatoes... wow... I haven't done that in a while.

    ReplyDelete