Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life's A Beach: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem

I'm beginning to realize that I must be wanting some warm sunshine and ocean waves....

 
 Card Base: Aqua Blue from Value Pack pre-scored for easy folding
Black background paper cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
Green patterned background paper cut @ 5" x 3 3/4" from The Best Of K & Company
Cricut Cartridge: Life Is A Beach
Beach Chair: page 81 cut twice @ 4 1/2" - once in black and once in white
(There is no blackout or shadow feature on Life's A Beach cart, so I just cut the chair twice at the same size and staggered it before adhering it together for a shadow effect.)
I went over the chair cuts Cricut made with a gray crayon.
Arms of Chair: Cut in gray paper
I colored the whole chair with a gray Crayola crayon (gosh I love coloring with crayons!)
The 2 circle sentiments are actually cut from a background paper from The Best of K & Company.  
The background had many sentiments different shapes and sizes, I just chose to use 2 different ones.
I adhered the smaller circle "Welcome to the Beach!" on top of a larger one 
that says, "No shoes, no shirt, no problem"

IN GRANDBABY NEWS......
Our grandson, Kevin, is scheduled to go home from the hospital tomorrow!  Thank you, everyone, for all of your kind thoughts and prayers.  I know they made all the difference!!
Now, to leave you with a smile.....
 
My sister, Melody, holding my only grandbaby.  


How precious is this?!  Our daughter, Keri holding Kevin.  They had just stuck the bottom of his foot for blood, and Keri said he screamed to high heaven, but when they were through and she picked him up, he stopped crying immediately.  Makes me want to tear up.  So much love.
Have a fun day!  Hugs!  Janis

3 comments:

  1. Oh God bless him he is adorable and so SO precious Love to you and all the family well done. PRAYER most definatly works.

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the sun and sand. Kevin is a dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a doll, I guess he came home today?

    ReplyDelete