Saturday, March 7, 2020

Purple Flowers Card


I love this card!
The idea came from Courtney Lane Designs here.
I made mine a little differently, and just love how it turned out.

I'm playing along at:

This card uses the Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge, Artfully Sent. I do not own this cartridge, but I was happy to see that it's part of Cricut Access now! Woo-Hoo! Go play with it a little.

This cut is actually set up to be a folded card. I can NOT figure out the slice tool even after watching YouTube videos. I do what they say, but the slice option remains faded out, so I can't use it. I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but whatever. I made this work anyway.

Below you will see 2 cut outs. The first is the card cut out a lot smaller. I just played around with the size so that the height of the card would be about 4" high.

After cutting out that, I cut it out again, but before I did that I clicked on Contour, HIDE ALL, then just clicked on the pieces I wanted around the edges and that one piece between the top 2 flowers.

After I cut out both pieces, I glued the top layer to the background layer on the flowers part only, then used my trimmer to cut off the folded part. Since I didn't glue that part, I still had 2 pieces of cardstock I can use for something else.


Cricut cartridge, Artfully Sent
Stampin' Up cardstock
Hip Kit Club past club pattern papers

I did lots of layering (more than usual), but loved all of the purple and greens layered up.

Thank you so much for popping in to see what I'm up to in my craft room.
I can't wait to tell you more about the new shop we are opening.
You'll have to wait a bit longer though. Still getting our ducks in a row.

You still have time to play in my Crafting Happiness Challenge for this week! 
The theme is Anything Goes with the option to use green.
You can link up below or over at the challenge blog.

Have a blessed day! 
Hugs!
:) Janis
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the purple!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, you did well on the layers.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janis I love this card!Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Bev aka ARTSYSTAMPER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
    http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
    https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete