Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Happy Weight Watchers News



I've been on this Weight Watchers journey off and on for several years, maybe even a decade. I follow the plan diligently, get cocky, do whatever I want, get right back to where I was weight-wise or worse, start again. 

This go round, I'm sticking with it, and I'm very pleased, nay, exuberant with my continued results week after week.


...BUT I'M A CARNIVORE

(an animal that eats flesh)


Last Thanksgiving, Tom, Bonnie & I went Vegetarian.
Actually, Tom went Vegan, and Bonnie & I went Vegetarian.

(VEGAN: ONLY eats plant based foods. Does NOT eat any product coming from animals or having ingredients coming from animals such as milk, whey, cheese, eggs, yogurt, etc.)

(VEGETARIAN: Eats plant based foods, but also includes foods deriving from animals such as milk, whey, cheese, eggs, yogurt, etc.)

I weighed 194 at Thanksgiving. Not proud of that. It's very hard to put that out here on my blog, but you know what? It's the truth. 

I give Weight Watchers and the fact that I'm now eating Vegetarian big Kudos for guiding me and teaching me how to eat for the nourishment of my body instead of for the pleasure. I still struggle with the pleasure part, but it's coming along. 

My husband, Tom, is a major part of me being successful in this struggle. When I have cravings, he gives me the blunt truth in my face whether it's painful or not. For example, I love love love Coke Zero. And I haven't had any since November of last year. I told him a week or so ago that I was going to the store and getting some Coke Zero. He quickly reminded me how bad that was for me, and that I've come so far. (I don't hold it against anyone who drinks Coke Zero. For me, it was ALL I would drink all day long. I would count how many I had in the frig so I never ran out. I think OBSESSED is a good word to use here. Maybe even the word ADDICTED.)

AND I know for a fact, that God is the one staying with me day after day, night after night helping me control my eating, and having mercy on me when I overeat something I really like. It's a struggle. It's a real struggle this heavy bondage chain I have with eating. When I'm happy, I have no problem eating. When I'm depressed, I can go a day or more without a nibble. Neither are good behaviors. My struggle with food is a tremendous mental battle. 

God is the one holding me together, and the tools He has given me to help on this journey are Weight Watchers, Vegetarian eating, and my extremely supportive husband who encourages me to do 5K's with him and Bonnie. Who calls me things like "Skinny" even though I'm no where near that. Who lets me know in 100 different ways spoken or unspoken how proud he is of me losing weight week after week, little by little. 

Don't get me wrong, we still about once a month have something with meat in it for whatever reason. I'm not against that. I see nothing wrong with eating meat. I love eating meat. And I feel like God gave us all things to enjoy including eating meat. For my particular path, at this particular time in my life though, I feel lead to change my eating habits for more than just weight loss. And this brings me to another point I'd like to share with you....


My annual check-up in March... the doctor said everything in my blood work was better. I've gone off of one of my heart medications. Wow. She is going to re-check me this summer to make sure nothing has spiked back up, and if so, she may take me off another heart medication.


Bottom line: my weight is a daily struggle
BUT
Since Thanksgiving 2019 @ 194.0 lbs, I've lost a total of 

- 26.8 lbs

I'm so very happy about this.

Well, I made it through a very personal post.
I want you to know, that if I can do it, 
YOU CAN DO IT!

Use my link to join Weight Watchers
and we will both get a FREE month.
Win / Win


Big hugs to you all.
:) Janis

For those of you who have read down this far,
I'd love to mail you out a card of gratitude.
Email me your address to
66cricket (at) gmail (dot) com
or private message me on Facebook at


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weigh loss! Keep up the good work. Wish I had the will power to do that
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete