Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Chalkboard Easel Card (and some crafting bloopers)


Hi, Crafters! Welcome to my blog.
Happy you stopped by today.

Do you ever have one of those days when you want to make something for a certain theme, but you can't concentrate on what you're doing? I had one of those days yesterday.
I decided to make a whompy cake. I've seen it in the Silhouette store and loved it. My friend, Nana, made one last year, and I loved it. I tried to make it yesterday, couldn't concentrate, didn't cut the layers in the colors I meant, put it together wrong, put it together again the right way, and it still just didn't look good enough for me. It's a combination of errors.  Want to see?



 That's not right.

 Better, but still not very good.


 Oopsie. It fell in the trash can.

Then I saw the paper lantern and thought how fun! I could make a bunch of these and string them up from ceiling in my craft room. Wouldn't that be festive, fun, and unexpected joy? It's a cute idea, but the papers I chose didn't do anything for me once I got it put together. I left it outside on the front porch to enjoy nature by itself. Want to see that too?



So anyway, I'll keep trying to come up with something. Some days are like that. You don't get anything done, but feel like you've spent all day trying. And then some days I have 3 projects done before 8 o'clock in the morning. Go figure.


Back to our regularly scheduled post...............

Today and the next 2 Wednesdays,
I'll be showing you Easel cards created with
Lori Whitlock files.
They are basically all the same card base,
but decorated with different themes.

Today's Chalkboard Easel Card theme is Birthday.


Silhouette ID# 62415 (Lori Whitlock Birthday Chalkboard Easel)
Hero Arts white ink pad
Craftin Desert Divas "Say it Big" stamp set

See you tomorrow.
:) Janis

Submitted:
613 Avenue - anything goes with optional shaped card
Crafty Girls - inspired by a song (does Happy Birthday count?)

6 comments:

  1. Too funny...I'm glad I'm not the only crafter with bloopers...love the easel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Janis I had to chuckle because I know all to well how it goes. lol But I thought your topsy turvy cake turned out kinda cute-but isn't that how it always goes? We think it is garbage and others will love it. lol Your lantern was pretty cute too, but see what you mean about the papers. The easel card is super cute. So glad that I'm not alone in the crafty room with all the bloopers. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely know what you're talking about...All your projects are so cute and I enjoy seeing them. <3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I would stop by and see what you have been up to. Loved seeing your latest creations. Janis, I think you should go get that little Cake out of the Trash. I thought it was Adorable. Loved the Lantern and Easel Card. Happy Day to you! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bloopers topple into the recycle box before I even think about taking a picture!!! Thanks for sharing yours. Good to know I'm not the only one to choose the wrong papers or do my cuts in the wrong colors. I still think your bloopers are cute.
    Love the easel card!! Love the banner, the balloon and that 'wood' paper!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate! You have made some very cute projects. :o) I have had some bloopers, too, when my good intentions just did not pan out. Lots of times they are experiments that sounded like a good idea, but in reality, they just flopped! But that is how I learn.

    Have a blessed day!

    Ginny B

    ReplyDelete