Followers

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Let the Good Times Roll!


Hi, friends!

I saw the Freshly Made Sketches current sketch this morning,
and I really wanted to play along, so here's an extra project to show you today.

For this card, I used several different "tools" the Cameo software provides. Believe me, I still don't know tons about what this powerful Designer Edition software can do, but I'm learning.

Features used:
* Print 'n Cut
* Stretch
* Weld
* Sketch Pens
* Release Compound Path


Here are some of the creation process details.......


Print 'n Cut:


I like to fill up a sheet when I'm using the Print 'n Cut feature.
I put the unused cuts in an envelope and save them for a later time.



Release Compound Path

 

I took this cut, Released Compound Path, Removed the "&" symbol,
then stretched the shape the way I wanted it.



Sketch

Then I turned OFF the cut lines and overlapped the Sketch music file changing my cut option for the music to Silhouette Sketch Pen. 

 

After the music printed, I moved the music off my mat, selected my image and turned ON cut lines and cut out the image.


Weld

I picked out some labels I liked, re-sized the one I wanted to use, created a rectangle the same width, and welded the 2 shapes together giving me lots of room for my stamped sentiment and a little room to slip this under the music cut file for card placement.  I also created an INTERNAL offset so I could have a shadow layer.



 

It was all really fun to play around with.
This may sound complicated and time consuming, but I promise you, it was easy and quick.


  • Pattern paper from Doodlebug Design "Hip Hip Horray" 6x6 pad
  • Cardz TV Stamps "Good Times"
  • My Creative Time Stitched Grass metal die
  • Silhouette ID#:
    • 39232 (set of 4 tabs)
    • 56724 (flagged banners)
    • 12899 (sketch music)
    • 23845 (print 'n cut hipster musician)
  • Ghost stamping sentiment - first stamped with Close to my Heart Lagoon ink and then again with Memento Tuxedo Black ink



Thanks for stopping by AGAIN today.
:) Janis

Submitted:
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Color Throwdown - color ch
Crafty Creations - let's party