Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Treats - Good to the Last BITE

Hi, everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous week so far. On Monday I asked my husband, Tom, if he wanted me to make treats for him to take to work on Friday. I told him if that would embarrass him, I understood, and between you and me, I really didn't expect him to want me to. But he said SURE. Do you know how good that made me feel?!  So my next question was okay, how many co-workers will be there Friday. He said 50! I thought, what in the world have I gotten myself into. LOL

I decided instead of trying to cut paper with one of my electronic die cutting machines (because mass producing and electronic speed do not always go hand in hand), I would use my Sizzix Big Shot. Tom recently bought me a Die Cut from Amazon that I had in the cart that makes a little sleeve / bag type thingie. This would be perfect to stuff a few pieces of candy in!


It was very quick to cut out 50 of them because I was able to run through 4 pattern papers with the die at one time. Joy!

I lined them up, and adhered tear and tape on them all. Folded them. Shazam. I'm on a roll!



Then I stamped and punched out 50 various Halloween tags.  Too easy, drill seargeant. 


Got my crop-a-dile to punch holes in a thick stack at once.
Dumped candy all over my desk. Grabbed a few pieces to stuff the bags.

 

Cut twine and threaded that through the holes and tag.......


It sounds like a lot now that I'm writing this all out, but it really did go quite well. I had my audio book playing on the computer as I worked (worked = played with Halloween candy and treat bags).

Voila!



Finished the treats.

Finished the book.

Left over candy.



Now what?  That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be to make 50 treats.  I hope everyone enjoys them. 

Supplies:
Stampin' Up sets: Sweet Hauntings & Merry Everything for tags
SU Note Punch
SU Happy Hauntings & Martha Stewart Halloween papers
Tear & Tape
Sizzix Big Shot & Bigz #659768
CANDY!
Big Halloween Bowl $1 @ Dollar General

Submitted:

Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow!!