Sunday, September 4, 2011

WATER You Up To? FIN-tastic!

#227
So, hey, WATER you up to lately?
I want to thank my good friend, THE SCARPBOOKING QUEEN, for teaching me how to make a shaped card with my Cricut. I used the WELDING option on the Cricut.com Cricut Craft Room software. It was Easy Peasy. I don't know what all my fretting was about.  The Scrapbooking Queen did advise me to use the SHADOW feature for the card base. That's very smart. I have smart friends. Sorta makes it make up for my blonde moments. LOL 


And here's the inside of this fishbowl shaped card.


And here is my all-time favorite stamp in the whole wide world! It's from PSA Essentials. Go check them out. THEY ROCK!!

 CREATE A CRITTER for the Fishbowl and Fishy on page 42 and the Keypad overlay Row 2, Column 10. The Fishbowl was cut with the Shadow feature FIRST using Cricut Craft Room. It says the size was 4.66". I haven't figure out exactly how to dial the sizes... but I'm working on it.  The Fishbowl and all the elements for it were cut @ 4 1/4".  The Fish on the outisde was cut @ 1 1/2" with Shadow feature. The inside fish was cut @ 2" with Shadow feature. *Clear glass beads were added for bubbles. "Water you up to" and "Fin-tastic" are both stamps from K ANDREW DESIGNS - "Splash-tastic Summer" set. Visit HERE to check out all her stamps.  They are so fun to use!


That's it for now... well, except one other little, itty, bitty thing I'd love to share with you....  Our 2nd grandson, WYATT JAMES, was born August 30th. He is so precious! Want to see a picture?

Wyatt... 6 lbs. 9 oz... 8-31-11
:) Janis

7 comments:

  1. Your card is FANTASTIC... you did a great job. However, I have to say Wyatt is MUCH cuter.. lol

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun sentiments! Great card!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a precess card. and that little guy, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Funness!!!! This is just wonderfully awesome!! Love how you did the bowl and those bubbles are the best!!!
    Wyatt James is adorable, but you already know that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Much cuter grandbaby! Congrats to your family on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! So much detail and I just love the bubbles. So cute! Great job. :)

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too too cute! I love shape cards, but rarely seem to make them. Hmm... maybe it's time to change that. Thanks for the inspiration - yet again!

    ~ JD ~

    ReplyDelete