Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bonnie's Sick, Where Are My Cricut Mats? & Book I Just Finished

I finished "The Beach House" by Jane Green today.  Very good book.  Not a horror story or sappy with sex or laugh until you cry... just good reading.  This would be a perfect book to read on the shore on a vacation.

At first I didn't understand all the different storylines going on, but it all came together very nicely.  I'll have to remember this author and check her out again.
***************
I know I've been ignoring my Cricut lately, mostly because the 12x12 mats I ordered in JANUARY are still on backorder.  Argggg  I can use the mats I have, but I have to be very careful what I cut and where I put it on the mat because the stickiness has gone and it likes to just move my paper around with the blade instead of cutting it all the time.  I was hoping my mats would be in by now, but I checked Custom Crops again yesterday and they have pushed the "expected to be back in stock" date further away yet again.  They aren't expecting them in for 2 more weeks, but I wonder if at that time it will be pushed further away again.
**************
This weekend is the Ididarod.  My husband, Tom, is volunteering at the event.  Bonnie and I will be staying home and watching it on TV. 

Speaking of Bonnie.....  she has had a runny, stuffy nose this week.  Last night she fell on the kitchen floor.  When I heard her fall, I thought at first she was having a seizure, but she wasn't.  (She takes medicine to keep the seizures away.)  She just got dizzy and a little confused for a while.  Tom and I rushed to her and comforted her to calm her down as she lay in Tom's lap on the floor.  I got a wet rag for her forehead and we both just talked soothingly to her until she felt like she could stand up again.  She didn't have any head bleeding going on - Thank God! And she didn't twist or break anything.

I can't explain to you how completely useless I feel when she has these problems.  She isn't verbal enough to tell us what is wrong, so we just have to ask questions, hoping she understands what we are asking, and hoping again she understands how to answer yes or no to them.  Scared me to death.

She acts like she's feeling better today, but I don't want her trying to overdo it.  She's laid in her bed awhile, and on the couch on my lap for a while.  

I just pray to God that He takes care of her and heals her in every way she needs healing.  We had talked about me and Bonnie taking chairs to the Ididarod and just hanging out downtown and watching the dogs at the start of the race, but we've decided it's too much excitement for her still trying to get over her cold.  Her nose is much better, but now she has a cough.  I don't want her outside in the below freezing weather around tons of people (and who knows what germs they are breathing into the air), when she still isn't completely over her little cold.  I know she would LOVE seeing all those dogs, but we'll watch it on TV and hopefully Tom will have a chance or two to snap photos every now and then between his volunteer duties.

I hope everyone has a great day with fun and smiles and friends and family.  Smiles, Janis


5 comments:

  1. sounds like you made the right choice. Watch it from your warm home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Bonnie is okay. I hope you both enjoy the Ididarod.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Bonnie. i'm so glad she's getting better. I'll keep her in my prayers and you as well, Janis. I know how scary that must have been when she fell! Love you guys!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis!
    I'm sorry it's been so long since my last visit. :(

    Glad to hear that Bonnie wasn't hurt too badly from her fall. Hope she is recovered from her cold soon! Too bad you'll have to watch the race from home...but on the brightside you'll be warm, have access to your own bathroom (public ones creep me out a bit), and can stay in your jammies if you want! :D

    Getting another care pkg. ready for James & hoping to mail next week. How's your mom? How's the g'baby???

    God bless you all! {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm thinking of bonnie too....hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete