Followers

Sunday, February 11, 2024

January Books Read

Happy Sunday, my friends!

    I thought I would share with you the books I read in January. I searched for some reading groups on Goodreads and Facebook to see what kind of challenges I may want to participate in.  There are so many groups! I chose 2 different groups in their 2024 Book Challenge.  One group has 52 prompts of types of books, and the other has 24 prompts based on the book's cover.  

    I don't like being forced inside a box of rules, but the way I'm doing these challenges is a little backwards. Instead of finding a book to read for the prompts, I'm reading books I want to read and then seeing which prompt they may fit. If I don't fill in all the prompts by the end of the year, I'm okay with that. I love reading. And the prompts are just a little game to play while I'm doing it.

    A lot of the books on my "To Read" list are on hold with the library until they become available. I also joined Book of the Month in January and purchased one book in January and one in February and decided one book is so not enough to read for a month. I ended up cancelling that this week. BUT then I signed up for Kindle Unlimited. Yay!

    With Kindle Unlimited, some of the eBooks also include the audiobook. Woo-Hoo! I love multitasking with audiobooks. I can fold clothes, do the dishes, laundry, drive, etc while listening to audiobooks. That makes them must faster for me to finish. 

    I still like reading eBooks and physical books in my hands, but I do prefer an audiobook..... unless the narrator has an accent. With my struggling with progressive hearing loss, any background noise or accents are really hard for me to understand. I knew in my 20s I had this hereditary hearing loss thing, and over the years, it just gets a little worse. That's okay. That's just life.  

Books Read in January 2024:

Thanks for visiting with me today. 

    I'll be back this week letting you know what I thought of each of these books. 

What are YOU reading?

What would you recommend that I read?

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, following, & commenting!!
:) Janis Lewis, Pause Dream Enjoy
Founder & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment