Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Weight Watchers Wednesday, The Beginning... again



Wow. How many years has it been since I posted Weight Watchers Wednesdays? Too many. 
When I was on WW before, I lost 30 pounds. Then I got lazy, quit tracking, told myself I was doing okay... etc. Yeah, almost all of the 30 pounds are back. Time to get back on track... again.


I use the app on my phone, and also can see my information logging in on my computer. It's the choice that works for me, although meetings are great too. I've been to meetings as well. When we move back to South Carolina, I'll probably find a local meeting to attend again.

JOIN WEIGHT WATCHERS


Here we go... again... let's lose this weight, stay on track, and be happy with progress, not perfection.



Weight Watchers doesn't tell you what you can't eat. They simply have a tracking system that teaches you what choice may be better than another choice. I like that. Because time you tell me I can't have something, I feel deprived and rebel. Telling me the point value of different foods let's me make my own decision and understand the consequences if I make a lot of bad choices.


Exercise is also good. For those of you, like me, who are retired or otherwise work jobs that have you sitting at a desk all day, exercise may seem unlikely. But there are always things you can do to get a little more steps in your day. Like parking at the back of the parking lot. Like going up and down every aisle at the grocery store even if you're just there for one thing. :) 
See, it's not that bad. Be creative.


You'll notice a Weight Watchers link on the sidebar of my blog here and on all of my challenge blogs. Feel free to use this link, select if you want to try the app / online tracking only or tracking plus meetings. By using my link, we will BOTH receive a FREE month!


Whatever you do, be happy with who you are.
Be around people who are supportive.
Feel free to share your story in the comments on Wednesdays on my Weight Watchers posts. Feel free to share scale victories as well as non-scale victories. 
If you truly want to do this, you will.
Through the hard times.
Through the withdrawals. (I'm actually going to give up Coke. Just saying it is hard.)
Because guess what, I have my own victories and hard times to share with you as well.
We are just human. It's a journey.
Remember, progress - not perfection.
That's another reason why I love Weight Watchers. I can still indulge in that piece of chocolate if I chose to use that many points on it. It's all about choices. And sometimes it's easier to use the points and eat the chocolate instead of trying to feed that craving with everything else in the pantry and then still end up eating the chocolate plus all those other things you tried to fix that craving with.

You can do it.
I can do it.
I know, because I've done it before.
Time to focus and do it again.
See, I'm not perfect either.
But I am determined.
And I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Remind me of that when I'm having a bad day. :) 
All of my encouragement to you.
Until next Wednesday...
Big Hugs!!
Janis

Photo taken July 7th (a week after my 52nd birthday)

JOIN WEIGHT WATCHERS

1 comment:

  1. I like your quote: progress, not perfection!! It is a journey and it's not easy. Sometimes it takes everything I have to get up early to exercise but I always, always feel better after. Good luck to you, Janis!! And what a beautiful picture of you and Bonnie!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete