Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July Mailbox Hugs

Hi, everyone! I was so honored over the weekend to be asked to join a small group called Mailbox Hugs. The group is set up to minister to individuals needing encouragement for various situations by mailing them handmade cards. What a great ministry! Our July recipient of this month's Group Mailbox Hug is Shelby. After watching the video of her riding an adult-sized tricycle for physical therapy, I knew I had to include some sort of bike on my card. 

July Mailbox Hugs



Sil ID# 59702 Kite Tree Bike Box Card
Miss Kate Cuttables, Riding My Bike print and cut
Most pattern papers from DCWV My Sunshine Stack
Other pattern papers from scrap box



Foam tape to assemble kite and adhere smaller cloud.
Inking around some edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.
Gold gems added to kite flags 


And see, you can even fold these box cards flat for mailing!
When they get the card, it can sit up by itself on a shelf, counter, table, etc.
I'm loving making this type of card.

Thanks for riding by to see me.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
;) Janis
See the Close to My Heart Catalog HERE
Order Close to My Heart Goodies HERE
Join my Close to My Heart Team HERE
Join me at Weight Watchers HERE

6 comments:

  1. How awesome to be in a group like that and to bless others with your most wonderful creations!!! This box card is totally amazing Janis!! I so love it!!!!! And I bet Shelby will too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful group and they're so lucky to have you join them! Your box card is wonderful and Shelby with certainly LOVE receiving this! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis,
    Thank you so much for mentioning Mailbox Hugs! Your crafty friends can find us on Facebook. This card will definitely put a smile on Shelby's face!

    Hugs!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card! Loved knowing the story behind it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another awesome card~I love the scene to!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete