Friday, March 6, 2015

Broken Any Bones Lately?

My Mama broke her arm yesterday. Ouch!! I haven't made any cards all year and now this week, here is the second one I've made. But I need to send my Mama a card. I know she likes getting mail, and a broken arm certainly is a good reason to send a get well card.

As it happens, the Silhouette Online Store added some medical type cut files to the New Design section this week. How convenient. AND they are having a sale right now through March 17 with every file in their store being half off. Very nice.

Here's the card I made for Mama:


  • Sil ID# 76041 - female doctor
  • Doodlebug Design - Take Note 6x6 pad
  • Project Life 3x4 card
  • White tulle - Amazon
  • Tiny green rhinestones
  • Cardz TV Stamps - Mixed Messages & Brew Ha Ha



Thanks for stopping by today! I need to start thinking about what the Easter Bunny is going to bring the kiddos this year. I used to fill traditional Easter baskets when they were really little. Then we switched to buckets when they were a little older. As they became young adults, it switched to cereal bowls, and it's stayed cereal bowls for many years. I know that sounds strange, but hey, it's practical and they look forward to a new cereal bowl every year. To them it's normal. But I think it's time to surprise them with something different this year. I just don't know what yet. Got any cool suggestions? Leave me a comment! I'm thinking maybe a lunchbox filled with goodies. Hmmmm. Maybe. We'll see.

Enjoy your weekend!
:) Janis

5 comments:

  1. Your mom will definitely smile when she opens this card. I hope she recovers fast. I love the cards you make thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card will definitely put a smile on your mom's face! Ouch, a broken arm is not fun. Oh gosh, I don't do anything for our older children for Easter, just the grands and our 19 year that lives at home when he is home from college. And for him, I just buy him something he wants or needs. So I don't have any ideas for you Janis, sorry. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! So sorry to hear about your Mom. Yikes that is no fun! This will make her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card! So sorry to hear about your mom and I hope she has a quick recovery. This card is sure to make her feel better! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete