Designer Series Paper SALE October 1 - 31

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Guest Designer at Die Cuttin Divas - Calendar Recycle on a Card


Today I am a Guest Designer at Die Cuttin Divas! Woo-Hoo! What an honor! 

The theme is centered around Earth Day - something recycled on your project.



I thought it would be fun to create a card using something I would normally throw away. I took a calendar page from 2013 and tore it to fit my card base for a background. This is something I can see me doing on more cards. What a great way to recycle!


Papers: 
  My Mind's Eye "Reunion"
  Glitz "Sunshine on my Soul"
  Echo Park "Happy Camper"
  Solids from scraps

My Creative Time supplies:
  Hello Chickie - sentiment
  Hello Chickie - dies: basket, bow, eggs
  To My Best Peep - bunny 
  Stitched Grass Die - cut in half and layered on top of each other
  Stitched Journal Die
  Journal It - stamp on journal die

Rhinestone from Walmart
Twine from stash

Love how this turned out! Thanks for hopping by today. :) Janis

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your card is awesome! I would never have thought to take a calendar page and use it over~clever! I love the cute tag. The bunny and basket are just adorable Janis! Congrats on your GD spot at Die Cuttin Diva's!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. How smart of you to use the calendar page! I'm going to copy you on that one. I just love all the cards you make. Thank you for always inspiring me. <3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super adorable card!! Love it!! Great to have you as our Guest Diva at DCD!!
    Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis,
    Thank you for guesting with us DCD, your project is fantastic! I love this idea!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Janis! Glad you could be our guest Diva at DCD this week!

    ReplyDelete

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Bundles

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Stamps

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Everything Else

Shop Stampin' Up Clearance Rack