Monday, April 1, 2013

The Sound of Laughter

Pause Dream Enjoy Ch# 7: Dew Drops, Buttons, Pearls, or Rhinestones... HERE
Paper Playtime Ch# 7: Use a PUN... HERE

Hello all my crafty and bloggy friends! How many of you guys have made a Tri-shutter card? I see them and just ooooo and ahhhhh because the folds on them are so cool, but I've never been brave enough to make my own.... until.... I found this awesome YouTube video from Splitcoast Stampers. It was so easy to follow the directions. I'm tickled with how it came out. After I had already started to score and make the appropriate cuts, I got distracted with email and other things and ended up in the Silhouette store where I found that Lori Whitlock has several cut files there for tri-shutter cards, side step cards, and others. That would have been so much easier to have the CAMEO cut it out for me. But oh well, I've already committed to the one I was working on for today. (I did, however, proceed to download all her cut files for these fun cards for the next time. LOL)


I tried to take a photo with the card closed, but because of the bulky flowers I added to the middle it just didn't want to stay closed. So I ended up using my fingers to keep it closed for a photo. (Check out my Easter Sunday Lavender fingernail polish... cool, huh?)


Card base is from BoBunny Double Dots "Natural Necessities".

Patter papers all from K&C Tim Coffey "Blossomwood."

Spellbinders Lacy Ovals and Ovals for sentiment cuts.

Edges sponged with Stampin' Up "Brocade Blue" (retired).
(Shop SU with Raven, HERE or with Deb, HERE.)

Martha Stewart Lacy Doily punch.



  • See the YouTube video I watched to make this... HERE
  • See the Splitcoast Stampers post with directions... HERE
  • Start with cardstock 5 1/2" x 12"
  • Score at 2", 4", 8", and 10"
  • Mountain fold

Here are the cardstock mat cuts and the decorative paper cuts sizes:

Solid cardstock mats:

  • 1 7/8" x 5 3/8" (2 each)
  • 1 7/8" x 1 3/8" (4 each)
  • 1 7/8" x 2 3/8" (2 each)
  • 3 7/8" x 1 3/8" (2 each)
  • 3 7/8" x 2 3/8" (1 each)
Pattern mats:
  • 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" (2 each)
  • 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" (4 each)
  • 1 3/4" x 2 1/4" (2 each)
  • 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" (2 each)
  • 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" (1 each)


Embellish, stamp, punch, add ribbon.... whatever you want!

Thanks for stopping by today. :) Janis

Entered:

Allsorts - 1E - #200  Vintage (see challenge for details) (Sat)
Little Claire's  - M, 3E, SIO - (March/April) #31 Cards with folds (Sat)
Rogue Redhead Designs 3E M C5-  #21 Sentimental Focus (ends 7th April) (Sat)
Challenges 4 Everybody - 2W, 3C - Always Anything Goes  (Sun)
Opus Gluei - JFF, 2W - (2nd week) Go Where You Haven`t gone Before  (ends 6th April)  (Sun)
(Sun)
Creative Creations Challenge Blog - 2W, E3, C10 spring (Mon)
Lexi's Creations - 2W - punches and/or dies (Mon)



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Janis. Yes, Lori's is MUCH easier and FASTER..

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very beautiful Janis!!! I so love the papers you used!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I've always wanted to try this and now you have given me the confinde3nce with your sweet card. (and dimensions-lol) I'm so glad you decided to make this and share it with us at Opus Gluei, it's a real treat to see something as special as this! I hope we see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did that fast!!
    I love how your card turned out.
    Hugs
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is too fun. Thansk for the tips and steps

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite style of card...so much fun and yours is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week for my challenge
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'easter/spring' challenge - remember you can enter up to three times! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never made one of these cards, but I love those Splitcoast Stamper tutorials, they are often so informative. You made a terrific card here, I love the soft classic coloring and sentiment. Really elegant and rich looking. (your manicure looks lovely too!)

    This is perfect for our Opus Gluei theme, I'm glad you tried something new and I hope that you return for more themes with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations with your beautiful card. So much work has gone into this!


    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete