Followers

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Driving from South Carolina to Alaska and Back

Hello my friends!
I thought I'd share with you some travel photos my husband took on his drive from South Carolina to Alaska and back. He started in December, stayed in Alaska a few weeks, and then started driving back to South Carolina. He loves the drive. A lot of beautiful scenery, especially when you get up in Canada and traveling on the Alaskan Highway (also know as the ALCAN - Alaska Canada Highway).







































On the way home a few days ago, he did stop to help a motorist whose truck was off the road in a deep ditch (there's another word for that, but I can't remember what it is). 

There was a truck trying to pull out the stuck truck with no avail. Tom hooked up so now there were 2 trucks pulling together, and still no progress. Then a commercial truck stopped, and she (yes, a woman driver), pulled out the truck easy peasy.

Driving the Alcan, there are miles and miles with no cell phone service, no gas stations, etc. Just you and the road and abundant wildlife. You must be prepared, or you could actually lose your life to the elements in the winter. Thankfully, there are travelers always willing to stop and provide aid. We don't hear about those stories enough - I mean the good stories in this world. I wish people would spread those faster than the bad stories. Let's make 2022 a year of sharing more of the good stuff. :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog,
following, & commenting!!
:) Janis, Pause Dream Enjoy

Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges
Design Team, Let's Craft & Create

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janis this is a fantastic set of photographs. What an amazing drive. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janis, I loved this blog post! The pictures are stunning and it also gives me a view of what it must be like to travel the world famous Alaska Highway. I am so glad your husband had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenery pictures
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn💖

    ReplyDelete