Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry Thanks You's

#169, 170, 171

Did you all have a Happy July 4th? We did! We had our 2 daughter's over with their families. Our grandson is PRECIOUS!  He said Grandma, Papa, Kati, Thank You, Uh-oh, Hey!  He's so fun!!

Here are a few cards I made this morning with my new
  *CELEBRATE WITH FLOURISH 
cart I got for my birthday!!  


Card base & Strawberry papers are Recollections.
Pattern papers from Me & My Big Ideas.
Flower background paper cut @ 4" x 5 1/4"
Bottom starry pink paper cut @ 4" x 3 1/2"
Green starry METALLIC paper cut @ 1"
*Charm added to top corner is engraved with "Made With Love"
*Charm attached with *Glittered Brads from We R Memory Keepers
*Clear Glass Bead added to strawberry for accent
Strawberry cut from *Celebrate With Flourish. It's the "Mother's Day 3" cut.


What's weird about this cut is that it has the stem cutting out in the strawberry color. (See below)


Sorry, I didn't want a strawberry colored stem. I wanted a green stem.  So I took my scissors and nipped the top of the strawberry off so that the background green vine color would also show on top of the strawberry for the stem.  

FYI... It's OKAY to trim and tweak your Cricut cuts & sometimes not even cut all the layers. Use your imagination. Remember way back when it was a 
FRIGHTFUL thing 
to even CONSIDER 
cutting our photos? 
And look how much we cut them now for scrapbooks.  
I'm just sayin'. 

Be creative. 
Think out of the box. 
Do what is right for you. 

Hugs to you all!
:) Janis

My submission for the following Challenges:

Charisma Cardz - Ice Cream Colors (Green-Mint; Red-Strawberry)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Super duper cute cards! I just love this cart! I love stepping outside the box! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like these!!! I don't understand strawberry colored stems either. I've cut plenty of stuff off of my cuts to make them 'right'. We had a great 4th. Just Hubby and I. Went to Hobby Lobby. Did some crafting. A great day. Glad your's was wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Janis just love them... don't you just love grand kids.. I got to take Jason to the movies and we had a blast...
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards Janis. I love any strawberries.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so gorgeous!!! Love it!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute cards!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little cards! I love the touch of sparkle with the metallic paper!

    TFS, hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Janis, these cards are beautiful. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty! I love how you folded the corner down and added the strawberry charm. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards love the strawberry theme thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! And I agree that a strawberry stem must be green!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! And I agree that a strawberry stem must be green!

    ReplyDelete