Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Cricut Design Studio & Other Ramblings

I am so excited!  Okay, so when do I not get excited about every little thing?  I just got in the CRICUT DESIGN STUDIO this week.  I've barely had time to play with it due to the couple of days I was sick and didn't make it out of bed or off the couch for anything other than necessities.  Does anyone else have this?  I've read through the "manual" that came with it.  Sounds pretty straight forward.  But it didn't answer things like...


"How do you hide cuts?"  Example - I want to use my Peachy Keen Face stamps on a project. How do I tell it not to cut the eyes and mouth on CDS?


Does anyone have a great resource of "how to's" for this they can point me to?


I'm so happy to have this.  I can't wait to figure it all out.


In Other News...


I made the cutest bookmarks this week.  I can't wait to show them to you, but I can't yet.  They are for a challenge blog I'm on the Design Team for and you'll have to wait until a little later to see them.  They were so cute I made 7 of them. LOL  Anybody want one?  If you leave me a comment saying you'd love to have one and a way to contact you for your USA shipping address, you just might get surprised with one in the mail. :)  See, now all the others who haven't read down this far have no idea they could get a free bookmark from me.  Aren't you the lucky one?  :)


This is our daughter, Bonnie.  She thought it would be fun to wrap herself in Bubble Wrap the other day.  I guess she's ready to be shipped.  LOL  Wonder where she wants to go?  Let's ask her.  She said, "Ummmm, KATI!"  That's one of her older sisters.  Bonnie is so cute.  She will be 17 this April.  WOW how the time has flown! She's so precious.  She's our special needs darling.  Always smiling.  Always happy.  Here's another funny story for you about Bonnie....
Bonnie & I went to the library Tuesday.  We always do the self-checkout, but then she has to stop at the librarian desk and say hi to the librarian - because Bonnie's friendly like that.  So we are walking toward the door to leave the library, and Bonnie stops at the librarian desk and puts her foot up on the desk and says, "Shoes!"  Yes, she got new tennis shoes.  The librarian smiles and says, "I like your new shoes."  Bonnie feels so proud.  We leave there and go to Michael's.  Standing in line at Michael's waiting for the next available cashier, Bonnie starts talking to the 2 women in line behind us.  Because Bonnie is friendly like that.  She points at her feet and says, "Shoes!"  She points at me and says, "Mom Mom.  Shoes."  Of course the 2 ladies tell her how pretty her new shoes are.


I hope you guys have a fun weekend.  Be healthy.  Have fun.  Laugh and Smile as much as possible.  And here's a challenge for you if you choose to accept it.  Write a letter.  Yes, HAND write a letter to one person who means a lot to you.  Tell them that.  Put it in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, and mail it.  That letter will really brighten someone's day.  There's just something about a handwritten letter.  So personal.  Yes, I did that yesterday and mailed it.  One of my New Year Resolutions was to write letters to those in my life who have inspired me, encouraged me, loved me, made me feel special, etc.  I'm in no hurry to write these letters all at once.  Just every now and then as I'm thinking about someone, I'll write them and mail it.  Wouldn't you love to receive a letter like that?  I think we all would.  Make someone's day.  Send a smile and some love via US Postal Service.


Hugs to you!