Friday, June 11, 2010

LET'S PLAY CARDS!

 I love to play cards!  Skip Bo, Rummy, Phase 10, Poker, Solitaire... especially when we are camping with family.  Good times.  Good times.

I made this card to mail to our son, James, working hard overseas to keep us safe here at home.  I know he'll appreciate the "playing cards" feel to it.

Card base Gray Marble from Value Pack pre-scored for easy folding!
Red textured background mat from DCWV Ultimate Year cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
Pattern background mat from DCWV - don't remember which stack - cut @ 5" x 3 3/4"
Cricut Cartridge:  INDIE ART
Heart, Club, Diamond, & Spade all cut @ 2" (even thought the heart looks much bigger than the diamond for some reason)
Ribbon from Michael's 2 for $1 bin (yeah!)
Very simple.  No glitter. No pop dots. No buttons.  But I still like it!!

Hope you guys are having a fun day!
:)  Janis

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you used Indie Art
    one of my favorite carts.... love the butterfly,

    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is so cute, I've been thinking of getting this cart for a while and now I think I want it. Great card! Those cuts are great for a Vegas LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok it's official...we like the same things creating and playing cards with our families ;0D If you haven't checked it out yet, I posted an entry yesterday on how to play the Spoons card game that's a family fav of ours. I used the Indie Art Cart. on the Golden Spoon Trophy I made for the tournament we recently had, lovin' you card very cute ;)

    @>-%--Stephanie
    http://sdksscraptuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice! I'm sure your son will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete