Followers

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sunday Chit Chat Time!

Hi, friends!
I thought I'd pop on here to chat with y'all today.

First of all, I'm still enjoying my job teaching 1 1/2 year olds at a private pre-school. It's amazing how smart 1 1/2 year olds are. Truly amazing.  

Second, I went to church this morning somewhere different. 

The church my family started in the 1800s voted last week about splitting the church because there was a new direction the denomination in general (not just our one church  but all of the churches in this demonization) wanted to go in. 

All of my family (siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc,  childhood friends, and so many of the people I grew up knowing in church), voted against the changes. Sadly, the vote was just 10 shy of NOT incorporating the changes the church demonization as a whole wanted to go to. Meaning, the church is changing some of their views and this is not a good thing. In my opinion.

I know this sounds confusing, but it's all about politics. The church was changing their beliefs based on current society / culture. Even saying that God changes with the times.

Ummmm, no He doesn't. 
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

 ANYWAY... in just 1 week they went from disappointment in that outcome to starting a brand new church and having service this morning with others who did not agree with the changes. I won't get into all of the politics of it, but I'm so proud of those who decided that staying was against their beliefs and had the courage to leave. We had 250 people today for our first service away from our family church. WOW! 

I pray God will guide, lead, and bless everyone involved in this change. And they we never take our eyes off of Jesus. It's about Jesus. It's about what God created us to do, and who He has called us to be. To not bend to this world, but be set apart from it like a light on a hill lighting the way.

I didn't mean this to be so long. I'll post more tomorrow about the books I've read so far in January.

What are you reading? I'd love to hear what you like to read. I may want to read it too.

Have a blessed day!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, following, & commenting!!
:) Janis Lewis, Pause Dream Enjoy
Founder & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment