Sunday, January 3, 2016

Things to Do in 2016

Hi, everyone!
There is no craft project for today's post.
Maybe Sundays this year will just be for chatting? Maybe. We'll see.

Please don't forget to notice my page tabs at the top of my blog. Lots of fun things will be slowly added there including things you can participate in with me and link up!

2016 Reading Challenge


Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge

First of all, I'm going to participate in a reading challenge for 2016. I did this a few years ago and loved it. I read more books than I thought I would, and it was a lot of fun. Do you want a little challenge or just guidelines for what to read or where to start? Here are just a few suggestions....

Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge
Book Challenge (Pinterest Board)
ABC Reading Challenge
One Little Library Reading Challenge
Book Clubbish
Better World Books
Grown Up Reading Challenge
GoodReads
Accidental Writer
Lost in Literature

I have a page tab for this. You can link up a photo of the book cover of your current read from Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, etc. The link up will be open all year long, so come back often and share what you are reading. I'm always looking for a good book, and a great series to read.  

Help a Teacher and her School



Also going on, our daughter, Kati, is in her first year of teaching. She is the art teacher at 2 different schools in Newberry County, SC, and has created her first requests on a teacher donation page. Check it out. There may be something there you can help her out for her school / students. 

Crafty Challenges

I've added lots of Crafty Challenge links to my blog's sidebar. They are grouped in 5 different categories: Sketches, Color Challenges, General Challenges, Christmas Challenges, & Stamping Challenges. Check them out and find something to inspire you in your craft room! Here are the Challenge Blogs I own, Design For, or Guest Design for. I'd love to be on a Sketch Design team. I love using sketches, but I need to find one that does not require us to use Digi images. I rarely use those.

PDE Linky Party (Owner & DT Member)
Every Friday, Always Anything Goes, any type of crafts 

Die Cuttin' Divas (DT Member)
Every Tuesday, Must use at least one die cut 

{PIN}spirational (DT Member)
Every other Tuesday, Photo Inpsired

2 Creative Chicks (DT Member)
Monthly, Always Anything Goes, any type of crafts

Silhouette Showcase (DT Member)
Monthly, Always Anything Goes using any Silhouette products 

Miss Kate Cuttables (Guest DT Member in 2016 now and then)

Photo a Day


Okay, So I'm not really pressuring myself to take a photo every single day, but I love the photo prompts over at FatMumSlim. Even if I don't do every single one, they are fun to use as inspiration and stretching my photo style in my Project Life family scrapbook. 
Link up your Photo a Day or your Project Life Scrapbooking Layouts HERE.

Penny Challenge

I saw this on Facebook. Tom, Bonnie & I are going to do this in 2016.



Enjoy your Sunday. See you back tomorrow with a crafty project. :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow - busy busy busy lady! Exciting post today. I've seen the penny challenge - we don't do pennies anymore so thinking I'll do 5c a day - such a great idea. I'm hoping to share a book or 2 with you. Enjoy all your new experiences 😄

    ReplyDelete