Designer Series Paper SALE October 1 - 31

Friday, April 20, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Ch# 8

*******

This challenge will be open:
Today, Friday, April 20th
Tomorrow, Saturday, April 21st
and
Sunday, April 22nd

Create a card or craft project for any occasion using colors from the rainbow...
PINK
BLUE
GREEN
&
YELLOW
only!
(You can also add small amounts of black & white.)

The winner will receive 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps of their choice! WOW! How can you choose just one? I love ALL of Mary's stamps!!  To see all of the stamps currently available, CLICK HERE.

For my RAINBOW project, I actually attempted to create my first Banner. It wasn't too hard.








Here are all the details:
  • Each part of the banner was created using ELEGANT EDGES "Bunny" Oblong cut with Shadow feature cut @ 4". I also cut the yellow swirl paper again @ 3 3/4".

  • Letters to spell BONNIE were cut from STORY BOOK @ 3" with Shadow feature.

  • Clouds were cut from POOH & FRIENDS @ 1 1/2".

  • Peachy Keen stamps that were used on clouds and sun are from 2 different packs: PK-754 Critter Faces Medium and PK-531 Simple Sallie Face Assortment using Staz On Jet Black Ink.
PK-531 Simple Sallies Face Assortment
PK-754 Critter Faces Medium
  •  The sun was also cut from ELEGANT EDGES @ 1 3/4" p. 59.
  • The sentiment mats were cut from ELEGANT EDGES using the same cut I used for the letters, but much smaller of course. They were cut @ 2" with Shadow feature, then cut again @ 1 3/4 for yellow swirl paper on top.
  • All of the sentiment stamps are from various stamps sets from Mary's CARDZ TV STAMPS:
    • You are my Sunshine, I {heart} U, and You make me Happy are all from the HUGS & KISSES set.
    • You're the Cat's Meow is from the HERE KITTY set.
    • SWEET is from the MAKE A WISH set.
  • I used the "Long Reach Ribbon Stitch" punch I got from Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago for $7.00. Let me just say that it is worth every penny of that $7.00. You'd be amazed how handy that punch becomes.
  • Pink tulle is from Amazon (I think fabric.com). Love this stuff!
  • Pop rounds for adhering the letters.
  • I tied a bunch of the tulle together to make a large circle, then draped it over the top of the door like a belt. :)
I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a banner. It was fun to create. Bonnie loves it. So that makes it a good time investment!

Be sure and hop over to CARDZ TV and play along with our challenge. You may win some awesome free stamps of your choice!!
Smiles :) Janis

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie's banner is so awesome!!! Love all the letters with their own little hanging sentiment!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute banner, Janis!! So bright and cheery!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Banner love the details of it.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great banner Janis, love how you added the little word boxes off of each letter!
    Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Janis! I know Bonnie loves this! Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a happy banner:-) I love your interpretation of our challenge Janis!!
    hugs,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Bundles

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Stamps

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Everything Else

Shop Stampin' Up Clearance Rack