Sunday, March 27, 2022

Home Renvation photos

Thank you everyone for visiting my blog yesterday and commenting on the home renovations and my craft project. I'm excited to share some finished photos with you today.

First, let me clarify something from yesterday.
The buyer was a husband and wife. The husband of the people buying our home had a stroke. Not my husband. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. Sorry about that.

BEFORE & AFTER:

About our renovation....

We added on a sun room to the back of the lake house where the screened in porch used to be.

We re-did the outdoor stairs soon after we moved in from going straight up to the door, to having a turn making it easier for Bonnie, and also adding wiring instead of a lot of wood to open up the view a whole lot more.

BEFORE:


AFTER:




Inside we also removed all of the current flooring throughout except for the bathrooms and washer / dryer room. (Sorry, Don't have pictures of that yet.)

About the outdoor shop... it used to be called a fish camp. It was screened in and had a very large BBQ pit inside. We dried it all in, put in windows and a door, added a deck with stairs on the lake side and again used the wiring to open up the view tremendously.

Fish Camp / BBQ Shack Before







AFTER:



This is all in addition to other small projects we've completed since being here like tearing down the original fire pit, and making it a little larger with brick and stones as well as adding a brick retaining wall in the yard where a huge tree used to live (before we moved here), but only the very large stumps were left.

BEFORE:



AFTER:



I'm very happy with how it looks. Tom & I have done all of this ourselves with the occasional help from friends. It's been a massive undertaking (in my opinion), but my hubby, Tom, is brilliant and talented. LOL He does so much math in his head and knows exactly what to do. Of course, we've been renovating homes we live in for decades as a hobby, so he has had lots of experience including building my brother's log cabin 25 years ago.

We still have minor things to finish inside which should be done by tomorrow... hopefully. I've got a little sanding and painting to do inside on a couple of walls today, and after that, he will be building from scratch and installing barn style doors.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog,
following, & commenting!!
:) Janis, Pause Dream Enjoy

Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges
Design Team, Let's Craft & Create

2 comments:

  1. Well done both of you for making everything look so beautiful. Having done things like this in our lives, I know how hard it is, however the result must make you so proud of yourselves too. Congratulations.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete