Friday, June 10, 2011

BONNIE GETS MAIL!

As many of you know, our daughter, Bonnie, has special needs. She can recognize her written name and LOVES getting mail.  If you FOLLOW my blog you'll remember a while back I posted about the library saying Bonnie was to old to participate in the Summer 'READ TO ME' program.  They may not have realized that Bonnie has special needs and can't read although she does love books.  That's okay. I had posted that I was going to make our own Summer Reading Chart and prize schedule.

A sweet friend of mine, Ruthie, of SEPTEMBER NINTH, saw the post and had mentioned it to her SIL, Cynthia, of SCRAPS & SCARVES.  They asked if they could send Bonnie some stickers for her Summer Reading Chart.  Of course I said we'd love that.  Ruthie was sure to address the envelope to BONNIE.

Well, the stickers arrived today and Bonnie loved opening the envelope.  She said, "What's that?"  I explained they were stickers for her chart.  I don't think she knows what I'm talking about yet, but when I get it made, and she can see it, she'll understand then.

Ruthie also included this ADORABLE card!  Here's a picture of it.  You may not be able to tell from the photo, but the glasses the little girl is wearing has a puffy see-through something on them, so they really do look like lenses.  Ruthie even drew on some reflective white lines.  I swear, that girl is so talented. She thinks of all the tiniest details that make all her projects so amazing.



Please visit Ruthie's blog & Cynthia's blog and consider becoming a FOLLOWER of them if you aren't already. I know you will enjoy what you discover there.

Hugs!  Have a FUN, CREATIVE weekend!  We are going to be working on the house all weekend trying to get all the drywall finished mudding, sanded, and PAINTED!  Woo-Hoo!  I can't wait to show you all pictures when it's done.

2 comments:

  1. You gals are the BOMB! What a sweet thing to do. Bonnie is very special and I am so happy that you guys know it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. This was sweet, and just goes to show what wonderful people are out there in the blogging community! I love that Bonnie got something so nice like this with her name on it. That means a lot to any kid.. and I love the card that Ruthie made for her! Things like this make me forget all about broken dishes, and remember things in their proper perspective! (I'm STILL gonna eat all the cookies though! LOL!)... Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete