Designer Series Paper SALE October 1 - 31

Saturday, January 22, 2011

BIRTHDAY CARD

Card #6

Good morning!  I hope you all have a FUN weekend!

Here is a card I made yesterday for a friend's daughter.
The card is 6" x 8" - larger than I usually use for cards.
I wanted to use this lady carrying a tray on the 
Cricut Lite BLOCK PARTY cartridge,
 and when I cut her originally at 5", man, the little pieces were itty bitty.  So I chucked that size and cut her again this time at 7".  Much better.

The cupcake tray is from BIRTHDAY BASH
on page 55 cut @ 2 1/2".

Card base and inside papers from My Mind's Eye, Laundry Line.
All solid papers from Recollections assorted packs.
Tag on front was from stash - I have no idea where it came from.
Rhinestones and Ribbon from Joann's.
"L" inside (for Lauren) from stash.


I challenged myself at the beginning of the year to make more projects other than cards.  I love making cards, but I got in a "card crafting rut".
So now my problem is my card stash is almost non-existent. LOL  Back to making cards for a while to build up my stash.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the card, in fact cards are my favorite thing, so I am glad to hear that you will be on a card jaunt again ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I love the inside of the card! I have this cart too and have made 3" dad and mom-you're right the parts are teeny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. I am going to scrap-lift your design for the inside. Cute, cute, cute. Love the initial in the lower right corner.
    Thanks for sharing Janis!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Bundles

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Stamps

Shop Stampin' Up Holiday Everything Else

Shop Stampin' Up Clearance Rack