Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Tuesday Already?

I'm having crafting withdrawals.  Oh well, all that stuff is packed.

Bonnie and I went to see Mama today at the rehabilitation center.  She is doing so well.  We counted her staples in her leg.... 58!  Wow.  That is going to be a LONG scar.

She is doing so well.  She's back to normal.... well, except for the bummed hip and leg at the moment.  But she is well on her way to recovery!  Yeah!

She has gotten a card from Catherine and Lisa P. Thank you ladies so much!  She was so excited to get them and they are so pretty!!

I've been asked for her new address at the rehabilitation center, so here it is:

Agape Senior - c/o Judy Ellisor
300 Agape Drive (TCU - Room 102B)
West Columbia, SC  29169

She will be there anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks depending on how she does.

If you have already mailed her a card to the hospital - no worries - they are forwarding her mail.

I looked up the weather for where my parents live, where my son is, and where we are moving to this weekend.  Such a dramatic difference!

Columbia hi 86 / low 71 isolated thunderstorms
Kuwait hi 106 / low 84 sunny
Anchorage hi 47 / low 34 showers

Well, we only have Wed, Thurs, and Fri left.  We leave Sat.  Wow.  I don't think I'm ready yet.  I keep thinking of things I haven't packed or things I should do before I go.  Oh well, it will work out one way or the other.  I think by the time we get there and unload all our boxes and furniture, we are going to be exhausted!

Hugs and Love to you all!  Thank you so much for bearing with me until I can get my hands into my crafts again.

Janis

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your mama is doing better. Tough time to be moving but at least you know she is going to be in good hands.

    Good luck this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers were answered for you and your mother. Now we will be praying for a safe trip for you and your family. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly and all will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis, I'm happy to hear your Mama is doing better, did she get my card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh...waas waiting for this address...i decided to wait....good. yay, she's doing better! go Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope you get crafting time in soon!! Sorry to hear about your Mom but glad she is doing better! I have some new things going on and would love you to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you tonight,have a safe and fun trip,hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your move, I hope you have safe travel and are back to creating soon!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete